Easy Weeknight Dinner: BBQ Bacon Meatloaf
Summer has always been associated with grilling, barbequing and generally being outside, but if you’re looking for a quick weeknight meal and don’t have time to fire up the grill, don’t worry. You can still get the great taste of barbecue straight from your kitchen without setting foot outside. This recipe for BBQ Bacon Meatloaf has the best of both worlds’it’s full of the barbecue flavors of summer mixed with the comfort foodsyou’re used to enjoying during the rest of the year.
Not only is this recipe perfect for any time of year, it’s also the perfect dish to whip up when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen. Easy meatloaf recipes are great to have on hand when you’re short on time but don’t want to skimp on flavor. With only five ingredients and ten minutes of prep time, this particular easy meatloaf recipe is sure to become one of your favorite go-to weeknight meals. Enjoy!
· 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (93% lean)
· 3/4 cup Hunt’s Hickory & Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, divided
· 1 pkg (2.1 oz each) fully cooked bacon, chopped
· 6 slices (1 oz each) provolone cheese
· 1/2 cup French fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix beef, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and bacon in medium bowl.
2. Place half of the beef mixture into an ungreased 8×8-inch baking dish, spreading to the sides of the dish. Top with cheese, overlapping as needed. Cover cheese with remaining beef mixture; press gently.
3. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through (160°F); drain excess drippings. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce over meatloaf and sprinkle with onions; bake 5 minutes more.
· If you like your meatloaf a little spicier, try using pepper jack cheese in place of the provolone.
· To be a bit healthier, you can substitute ground turkey for beef and turkey bacon for normal bacon.
· Toast a hamburger bun and use any leftovers to make yourself a delicious gourmet burger.
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- 12 Days ofFun and Easy Summer Activities for Children - July 14, 2017
- 50 Things To Do To Get Ready for School - July 13, 2017
- Picnic Table Ideas – Friendly Backyard Living Spaces - July 5, 2017