Celebrating Father’s Day Without Dad
Father’s Day without Day is not as uncommon as it should be.
Consider these facts:
- Nationwide 24 million children (34 percent) live without involvement from their biological father [National Fatherhood Initiative].
- 40 percent of children in father-absent homes have not seen their father at all during the past year. [National Fatherhood Initiative]
- — 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes. [National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools]
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes. [U. S. D.H.H.S. Bureau of the Census]
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [U.S. D.H.H.S. Bureau of the Census]
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes. [Center for Disease Control]
It is becoming very clear that our society needs to step up efforts to address this huge problem of absent fathers,” said Sonny Baird, Founder of ForeverDad.
For tips about How to handle Father’s Day with out dad- divorced, step- dad or passed away see Non- Traditional Father’s Day
Ms. Jensen is a leading advocate for families and children and was the founder and president of ACES, The Association for Children for Enforcement of Support.
Latest posts by Geraldine Jensen (see all)
- Attach Tax Refunds to Collect Back Child Support - April 23, 2017
- Be an Advocate for Your Child - April 23, 2017
- Single Parents in Need Of Child Support Enforcement Help - April 23, 2017