child support expertchild support expertchild support enforcement

Families Online Magazine

child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
Purchase $14.95

collect child support book.

Ask a Question

Credit and Divorce

Government Resources

What the Government Needs To Do To Improve Child Support Enforcement


Government Agencies

Income Withholding

Under the Table Earners

Interstate Child Support Cases

Interstate Modify Order

Locate Absent Parents

Paternity and DNA Testing

How to Establish Paternity

Criminal Non-support of Dependents

Private Child Support Collection Agencies Rip Off Families

Reporting Child Support Deadbeats

Finding a Social Security Number to Collect Child Support

Troubleshooting Your Child Support Case

Child Support Warrants

SSI and Child Support

child support enforcment, child support laws, child support, deadbeat dads


I had a very difficult case, interstate and the father and I were never married. By reading How to Collect Child Support, I learned exactly what to do to. It worked! I just collected $5,000 in back support payments!" -- Cheryl, MD

How to Collect Child Support explained the child support laws in a way I could really understand and apply them to my case. My kids now receive weekly child support payments from a payroll deduction order. I highly recommend the book!"- Jeanne, IL. Purchase How to Collect Child Support, 3rd Edition -- $14.95

collect child support book.

Order Educational CD ROM Version

Share your child support experiences at the Child Support Forum

social Security and Child Support

child support expert

Ask The Child Support Expert

Question: My daughter keeps getting told that the state won’t help her because she doesn't have the fathers Social Security number. In the past she has given them location of work and home – phone numbers – family contacts but still nothing. Is this going to be the case everywhere – that if she doesn’t have his SS# then there is nothing that can be done?

- Charley

Answer: It is the state government child suport agency's responsibility to obtain the Social Security number from the Soical Security Administration if they need it. Also, Social Security numbers are on divorce decrees (since 1997), insurance cards and polies, etc.. But it does not sound like they may need it, since she has provided his address and employer in the past to the government child support agency. Your daughter should write a letter to the local child support agency's supervisor asking for them to: 1. Follow up on the information she has already provided, and if he is still employed at that location to attach his wages for current and back support. 2. If he no longer work's there, obtain his social Security number and use it to access the State Parent Locator System to find his current employer and sources of income so that they can be attached to collect current and back child support. Or if, no assets are found he should be serve with a legal notice for a contempt of court hearing and be brought before the judge to enforce the child support order.

- Geraldine Jensen

PS. Whenever you need to know what action to request from government child support agency? -- see child support case troubleshooting

Send in your child support enforcement question. Ask the Child Support Expert


by Geraldine Jensen

This book is a complete guide to collecting child support. Learn how to work with Government child support agencies, attorneys and do-it-yourself methods to collect child support. Written by Geraldine Jensen. Download this pdf bookHow to Collect Child Support, 3rd Edition or order the CD ROM How to Collect Child Support, 3rd Edition and begin to learn your legal rights about collecting child support. Get the knowledge you need to navigate the child support system, and child support laws. You will learn how to effectively enforce your child support order to ensure that your children receive the support they deserve.

Reporting Deadbeat Parents

Free Gift with Newsletter Sign-up


About Us     Contact Us    Advertise with us    Sitemap English    Sitemap Español      Sitemap Français     

Copyright © 2003 - 2014, Families Online Magazine a division of Smarter Changes, LLC