Collecting Child Support Fromm Under the Table Earnerschild support expertchild support enforcement

Families Online Magazine

home > child-support > interstate-child-support

child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
Purchase $14.95

collect child support book.

Ask a Question

Credit and Divorce

Government Resources

What the Government Needs To Do To Improve Child Support Enforcement


Government Agencies

Income Withholding

Under the Table Earners

Interstate Child Support Cases

Interstate Modify Order

Locate Absent Parents

Paternity and DNA Testing

How to Establish Paternity

Criminal Non-support of Dependents

Private Child Support Collection Agencies Rip Off Families

Reporting Child Support Deadbeats

Finding a Social Security Number to Collect Child Support

Troubleshooting Your Child Support Case

Child Support Warrants

SSI and Child Support

child support enforcment, child support laws, child support, deadbeat dads


I had a very difficult case, interstate and the father and I were never married. By reading How to Collect Child Support, I learned exactly what to do to. It worked! I just collected $5,000 in back support payments!" -- Cheryl, MD

How to Collect Child Support explained the child support laws in a way I could really understand and apply them to my case. My kids now receive weekly child support payments from a payroll deduction order. I highly recommend the book!"- Jeanne, IL. Purchase How to Collect Child Support, 3rd Edition -- $14.95

collect child support book.

Order Educational CD ROM Version

Share your child support experiences at the Child Support Forum

child support expert

Ask The Child Support Expert

Collecting Child Support Fromm Under the Table Earners

Question: I have an court order for child support. No payment has been made since Feb. 2006. I have been in constant contact with the division of child support enforcement with no results. I have been told that he is not working and not receiving unemployment benefits. I know he is living off of something I don't think it is right that I have to take care of my son by myself. I was told lately that we are waiting on a court date. How long does it take? I know there is some kind of money flowing through his hands. He told me that he was not going to pay me any money. I know that his ex-wife works (well used to) for social services. I just hope that there is nothing crooked going on. What can I do to help speed up the process? How far is he able to get behind before he goes to jail? This is really just pitiful. What is my next step? Please help me as soon as possible..

- Michelle<


It sounds like some investigation is needed, a contempt of court hearing will not help collect any support unless there is some evidence he has income.

Make sure the Government child support division does a credit check on him and subpeona's his bank records before the contempt hearing. They should also do a State Parent Locator to look for assets. Make sure they check to see if he received some type suit lump sum payment - law suit, worker's comp, lottery, etc. Write the Government child support division director and request this, doing this in writing gives you proof you requested it. When you get to the court hearing and it has not happen, tell the judge(referee, magistrate) that the agency did not do it and ask the judge to set up a review hearing for after the investigation process. Ask the judge (referee, magistrate) to order the government child support division to do the investigation.

Help gather evidence, does he have any friends you can talk to try to find out if he is working off the his? Have you called hise house during the day, is he home? Did he have any hobbies he might be trying to turn into a job?

- Geraldine Jensen

PS. Whenever you need to know what action to request from government child support agency? -- see child support case troubleshooting

Send in your child support enforcement question. Ask the Child Support Expert


by Geraldine Jensen

This book is a complete guide to collecting child support. Learn how to work with Government child support agencies, attorneys and do-it-yourself methods to collect child support. Written by Geraldine Jensen. Download this pdf bookHow to Collect Child Support, 3rd Edition or order the CD ROM How to Collect Child Support, 3rd Edition and begin to learn your legal rights about collecting child support. Get the knowledge you need to navigate the child support system, and child support laws. You will learn how to effectively enforce your child support order to ensure that your children receive the support they deserve.

Reporting Deadbeat Parents

Free Gift with Newsletter Sign-up


About Us     Contact Us    Advertise with us    Sitemap English    Sitemap Español      Sitemap Français     

Copyright © 2003 - 2014, Families Online Magazine a division of Smarter Changes, LLC