cchild support warrantscchild support warrantschild support enforcement

Families Online Magazine

home > child-support > warrants

child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
child support, child support enforcement, child support laws
Purchase $14.95

collect child support book.

Ask a Question

Credit and Divorce

Government Resources

What the Government Needs To Do To Improve Child Support Enforcement


Government Agencies

Income Withholding

Under the Table Earners

Interstate Child Support Cases

Interstate Modify Order

Locate Absent Parents

Paternity and DNA Testing

How to Establish Paternity

Criminal Non-support of Dependents

Private Child Support Collection Agencies Rip Off Families

Reporting Child Support Deadbeats

Finding a Social Security Number to Collect Child Support

Troubleshooting Your Child Support Case

Child Support Warrants

SSI and Child Support

child support enforcment, child support laws, child support, deadbeat dads


I had a very difficult case, interstate and the father and I were never married. By reading How to Collect Child Support, I learned exactly what to do to. It worked! I just collected $5,000 in back support payments!" -- Cheryl, MD

How to Collect Child Support explained the child support laws in a way I could really understand and apply them to my case. My kids now receive weekly child support payments from a payroll deduction order. I highly recommend the book!"- Jeanne, IL. Purchase How to Collect Child Support, 3rd Edition -- $14.95

collect child support book.

Order Educational CD ROM Version

Share your child support experiences at the Child Support Forum

Child Support Warrants

cchild support warrants

Ask The Child Support Expert: About Warrants

Question: I currently have a child support order for a dead beat mom who is $5000.00 in arrearage. There is a warrant out in the county where I live. I have contacted the clerk of courts office to obtain information as to her whereabouts. I have not heard of any action being taken, I was informed the information was received and handed down to the right person. I have been going through this for nine years. Every time I request wage withholdings to be ordered they order it, then the non custodial parent quits her job and the courts do not enforce the order. What do you suggest I do first to help get this parent brought into custody for non support, and after she is in custody what should I do. She is believed to be living in another county or state, but I am not sure what steps need to be taken in order to locate her.

Answer: Call the sheriff's office to make sure they have the warrant and are acting on it. Contact the elected Sheriff if needed to get action.

It would be best if it is an criminal warrant (criminal non support charges brought by a prosecutor).

If it is a civil warrant, resulting from a contempt hearing, they will probably just pick her up and set a court date an let her go.

Under civil warrants (capias, body attachments) the judge can put her in jail but it is discretionary so he can do nothing, tell her pay, or put her in jail. Civil warrants are not valid across state lines, felony criminal warrants are valid across state lines. If found guilty of criminal non-support, she can be sentenced to serve jail time or at least be put on probation. Her probation can be revoked if she quits her job again, stops paying or violates the probation order in any way.

Good Luck!

PS. Whenever you need to know what action to request from government child support agency? -- see child support case troubleshooting

- Geraldine Jensen

Send in your child support enforcement question. Ask the Child support warrants


by Geraldine Jensen

This book is a complete guide to collecting child support. Learn how to work with government child support agencies, attorneys and do-it-yourself methods to collect child support. Written by Geraldine Jensen a child support warrants . Download How to Collect Child Support, 3rd Edition and begin to learn your legal rights about collecting child support. Get the knowledge you need to navigate the child support system, and child support laws. You will learn how to effectively enforce your child support order to ensure that your children receive the support they deserve.

Reporting Deadbeat Parents

Free Gift with Newsletter Sign-up


About Us     Contact Us    Advertise with us    Sitemap English    Sitemap Español      Sitemap Français     

Copyright © 2003 - 2014, Families Online Magazine a division of Smarter Changes, LLC