Tips for Keeping A Warm, Sincere and Romantic Relationship.
1. Build an identity with your partner that is your own (i.e., separate from the family you grew up in, siblings, etc.).
2. Open yourself to sharing intimacies with your partner, and build a togetherness from them, while still setting boundaries to protect each person's desired autonomy.
3. If you have children, embrace the roles of parenting together while still protecting the privacy of you and your partner as a couple.
4. Establish a rich sexual relationship, and protect it from work and family obligations.
5. View your relationship as a safe haven in which both partners can express their differences, anger, opinions, etc.
6. Confront inevitable life crises, and overcome them, together.
7. Laugh often and keep your sense of humor to stave off boredom and feelings of isolation.
8. Nurture and comfort your partner, allowing him or her to depend on you, while offering encouragement and support.
9. Embrace the changes that occur in your relationship over time, but don't forget the early, romantic feelings of falling in love.
Source: American Psychological Association
Effective Communication Goes Against Human Nature
Maintaining a Healthy and Loving Relationship
Divorcing The Kids
Marrige Counseling and Family Relationships: Marriage without Criticism
How to Get a Man to do Housework
Sharing Power in Marriage
www.dr-joseph.com – Online Counseling - to solve couples, family, relationship, depression, adjustment, stress and sexuality difficulties. I provide online and traditional individual and marriage counseling and also business consulting.