Cheryl Moeller is the mother of six, a blogger, an author, comedian,
We hope you enjoy these funny stories about and for moms. Her book Homeschool Your Preschooler on $1 a Day is packed with simple, creative suggestions for engaging young children in a host of areas.
In this interview Cheryl discusses the opportunities that parents have to kindle curiousity and love for learning during the preschool years. Drawing on her experiences of homeschooling, she offers suggestions for age-appropriate engagement with young children.
1. Their husband was still snoring when the contractions were less than a minute apart.
2. The childbirth coach promised the contractions wouldn't hurt any more than holding an ice cube in her hand. She's never been able to take ice in her tea, since then.
3. Rather than playing soothing music in the birthing room, her husband listened to ESPN Classics rerun of the 1987 Super Bowl.
4. The doctor decided to play an additional nine holes and ordered the Pictosin drip turned down to one drip per hour.
5. Her husband took a picture of her facial expressions, during hard labor and used it for their family Christmas letter.
6. The hospital mistakenly delivered a taco supreme with Tabasco sauce, instead of clear broth and ice chips for lunch.
7. The florist tied five dozen helium balloons to the end of the bed, causing it to rise at a 45 degree angle for over an hour.
8. The nurse mistakenly wrote the name of the prescription on the birth certificate -- making her the proud mother of a girl named Tylenol 3.
9. Your husband promised the entire delivery room staff a sit down Thanksgiving dinner the day after you arrive home.
10. She overheard her husband in the hallway saying, "I don't know what the big deal is about labor...I think she's being overly dramatic..."
Kid Animal Jokes
Greatest Jokes e-book in the world!
Have Jokes on Your Computer Desk - download now with monthly newsletter sign-up.
Mom's Night Out
Obsess Much? Toys and Kids>
When Multi-Tasking Goes Bad
Dads Are Just Taller Kids
Post Vacation Stress Syndrome
The True Spirit of Christmas
Booster Seat Driving
Fears of a Clown
Will the Real Mommy
Please Stand Up?
Let's Get Ready to Rumble
Open Letter To A New Mom