What is Your Pets’ Secret Life? – Pet Activity Toys for When You Are Gone
In the upcoming movie the Secret life of Pets, Max and his buddies are very active. But for the average cat or dog it is easy to get bored and lonely when the humans are gone and they are “stuck” at home. Inactivity can lead to bad behavior and obesity.
Here are some ways to get your pet engaged an moving even when you are away. They help fight pet obesity and bad pet behavior.
Find the Hidden treat, games like TRIXIE Dog Activity Flip Board provide a forum for activities like:
- Flip lids using knobs
- Slide disks to side
- Lift up cones note that design prevents cones from being knocked over they must be lifted straight up to remove
- Vary number and placement of treats to increase level of difficulty
The games common various difficulty levels form novice to advanced.
Just fill the ball with dry food or treats and let you pet tip, flip and roll to dispense the food. Your dog get exercise while they eat. Bonus effects include gulping and too fast eating and weight management.
Toys the Move
Give that hyper pet something to do with Hyper Pet Doggie Bag, this jumping bag with fun noises stimulate interest while motion detection encourages continued use. It provides hours of fun for your dog.
Puzzles are interactive and fun and are available for dogs and cats. Interactive IQ wooden Puzzles are designed to improve your pet’s intelligence and boost IQ. The puzzle challenges your pooch to find treats that you have inserted in the hidden holes. By changing the hiding spots of the treat, you can encourage him to really focus on their activity and use their nose to seek out hidden the hidden treats.
- Provides mental stimulation and challenges your dog to find treats that you hide.
- You can adjust the difficulty level as your dog learns.
- Stimulates your dog’s brain and gives them hours of entertainment.
Cat toys your like the Petty Love House Cat Activity Center with Hanging Toy Balls, Mice & More – Helps Cats Get Exercise & Stay Active.
- 4 hanging cat toy pieces encourage cats to bat, roll & reach
- Cat exercise toy keeps pets active, healthy & happy
- Folds and fits in included zippered storage bag
- Large 8-piece circuit consists of alternating high and low sections
- Motion-activated illuminated ball lights up and zips around inside the track
- High-low circuit design propels ball at high speeds
Pop up tunnels with ball attached appeals the cats instincts and provides hours of fun. Also a fun activity toy for puppies and rabbits.
Many of the puzzles and games designed for dogs work well for cats too
Stimulates the cats nature need to hunt for food.
- Can be filled with treats
- Snacks fall out from the rolling motion
- Look for ones with adjustable openings
Ms. Jensen is a leading advocate for families and children and was the founder and president of ACES, The Association for Children for Enforcement of Support.
Latest posts by Geraldine Jensen (see all)
- Book Review: Confessions of a Domestic Failure – Very Funny! - August 19, 2017
- How to Stop Feeling Regret or Resentment from the Past - August 18, 2017
- Apps and Tools for Teaching Children About Money - August 17, 2017