Spaghetti cooked and served with a creamy, pancetta and egg sauce, it is delicious served with a crunchy mixed salad and ciabatta bread. This firm family favorite can be made in only one pan and is simple to prepare and cook perfect for a quick and tasty family dinner. So let’s get into the kitchen, grab those kitchen utensils and get cooking!
6oz pancetta (ham), cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb. spaghetti, dry weight
4 large eggs or egg substitute
1 cup cream or milk ( if you use milk add 2 tbsp. butter for richer taste)
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1. Place the pancetta and olive oil in a pan and cook on over a low to medium heat until it begins to crisp. This will take about 10 minutes.
2. Add the chopped garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
3. Transfer the pancetta and oil to a dish and keep warm.
4. In a bowl or large jug beat the eggs with the cream, ½ the parmesan cheese and the black pepper.
5. Fill 2qt pan about 3/4 full with lightly salted water. Put on the lid and bring to the boil over a medium heat*
6. Remove the lid and add the spaghetti to the boiling water, cook until al dente, this will take about 8 minutes.*
7. Turn off the heat, drain and return the pasta to the pan.
8. Stir in the warm pancetta and its oil followed by the egg mixture. Combine together until the pasta is well coated.*
9. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
10. Serve with a crunchy green salad and some ciabatta bread.
Any left over pasta and sauce can be enjoyed the next day fried in a little olive oil until crisp a delicious Italian tradition.
1. A generous ½ teaspoon of salt should be sufficient.
2. Al dente is when the pasta is cooked but still has a “bite”. Cooking times for different makes of spaghetti may vary so use the cooking times recommended on the pack as a guide.
3. The hot pasta will cook the egg mixture. If your pasta has cooled, gently reheat the contents of the pan stirring all the time taking care not to scramble the eggs.
https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/spaghetti-carbonara/https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/spaghetti-carbonara.jpghttps://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/spaghetti-carbonara-150x150.jpgAdministratorFood & DrinkCarbonara,photo,picture,Recipe Simple,SpaghettiSpaghetti cooked and served with a creamy, pancetta and egg sauce, it is delicious served with a crunchy mixed salad and ciabatta bread. This firm family favorite can be made in only one pan and is simple to prepare and cook perfect for a quick and tasty family dinner....AdministratorAdministratorgjensen@familiesonlinemagazine.comv15AdministratorFamilies Online Magazine