50 Fun Things To Do This Summer!
By Jillian Bietz
During the summer it is so easy to say, "I have nothing to do!" No more excuses-here is a list of 50 things to do the next time you are bored!
1. Gather up a few friends, and have a picnic in your back .
2. Go on a walk and take pictures of trees, flowers, dogs, etc.
3. Buy some fashion magazines, pick out a couple of really cute outfits, and try to recreate them for less!
4. Bead some bracelets and sell them for charity.
5. Volunteer at the local animal or homeless shelter.
6. Clean your room!
7. Bake some cupcakes and deliver them to friends and family.
8. Play some childhood games like "Sorry", "Candyland", or "Pretty Pretty Princess".
9. Take your dog for a walk.
10. E-mail a friend you haven't spoken to in awhile.
11. Do 25 jumping jacks!
12. Look through old family scrapbooks, photo books, and yearbooks.
13. Make a root beer float.
14. Go to the movies with your siblings.
15. Go window-shopping with a friend.
16. Write a poem.
17. Make fresh, homemade fruit juice.
18. Give your dog a bath.
19. Make dinner for your family.
20. Baby-sit for a neighbor.
21. Have a sleepover party and watch scary movies.
22. Plan a vacation you want to take next summer.
23. Plant flowers in your yard.
24. Sign up for a class.
25. Have a bubble bath.
26. Make a mixed CD of your favorite songs and title it "The soundtrack of my life".
27. Order a pizza.
28. Splash around in a plastic kiddy pool.
29. Buy some crayons and a coloring book.
30. Read a book based on a movie you have seen.
31. Make a scrapbook of your baby pictures.
32. Get a job or an internship.
33. Start a diary and write in it everyday.
34. Spend the day at the library.
35. Draw a self-portrait.
36. Make a collage out of old magazines.
37. Run around in the sprinklers.
38. Go to a museum.
39. Go out for lunch with one of your parents.
40. Jump in the pool with your clothes on.
41. Eat last night's leftovers for breakfast.
42. Learn to sew or knit.
43. Invite friends over and have a tea party.
44. Swing on the swings at the park.
45. Tie-Dye a t-shirt or bed sheets with Kool-Aid!
46. Make a smoothie.
47. Learn how to define and spell 5 new words from the dictionary.
48. Make popsicles in your freezer.
49. Put on the radio and dance.
50. Go camping in your backyard!
Ideas for Teens Celebrating
Mom on Mother's Day
Jillian Bietz Jillian is studying fashion journalism. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, creative writing, acting and cooking.
Teen Book Reviews: Independent Journeys
Teens Sing In Harmony
Facing Struggle s In All Eras
Great Teen Reads Book Reviews by Teens
Great Reads for Young Adults
Volunteer and Enjoy It
Intense Teen Fiction from Laurie Halse Anderson
Reading about Authors
Tapping Into Your Creativity
Novels in Verse Poetry For Teens
Most Helpful Teen Websites
Book Reviews Manhattan Magic Series
Gifts on a Budget - Make it Yourself!
Teen Book Reviews: More From Gossip Girl
Teens Book Reviews: The Poseur Series by Rachel Maude
Teens Getting' in the Swing of School
Books In The City (NYC)
Back to School Teen Books
Interview: Author Mary Hogan Hits Hollywood
Teens: Broadway Dreams for Kayla Foster
New DVD Releases for Spring 2008
Being a Teen is tough, stop the stress!
Have A Little Heart This Valentine's Day
Teens: Best Craft Books
En Vogue in Vintage!
Teen "Chick-Lit" Picks
Teen Book Reviews
Teen Fun Flicks for Winter
The Real Truth Behind Teenage Plastic Surgery
Teen Books Series
Teens Book Reviews
Teen Scene Series Favorites
50 Fun Things To Do This Summer!
Movies DVD's Great Weekend Rentals
Spring Fashion for Teens
Teen Fall Fashions
Teens Cosmetic Surgery
Give Thanks - Give Back!
Sites for Teens
Back To School Tips for Teens