Zesty Salsa Burgers: A Twist on Tradition
Summer is in full swing, and with Fourth of July just around the corner, people are removing that grill cover and getting ready to feast. Fourth of July is a holiday for friends and family to come together, and the annual cookout is no different. Everyone who is entertaining guests is looking for delicious and easy recipes for dinner. This year, instead of serving up the same, plain hamburger, put a twist on tradition. Spice up a delicious cheeseburger on the grill with a few simple ingredients that make all the difference. Taking only 25 minutes from start to finish, summer dinner ideas don’t get much easier than this!
– Ingredients –
- No-stick grilling spray
- 1 can (10 oz each) original diced tomatoes & green chilies, drained
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1. Spray grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill to medium heat according to manufacturer’s directions. Meanwhile, set aside 1/3 cup drained tomatoes. Mix together beef, remaining drained tomatoes, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Shape into 4 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
2. Grill patties 10 minutes or until cooked through (160°F), turning once. Top each patty with 1 slice cheese; melt slightly.
3. Place patties on bottom halves of buns. Top each patty with 3 or 4 avocado slices and a generous tablespoon of reserved tomatoes. Close with tops of buns. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- 12 Days ofFun and Easy Summer Activities for Children - July 14, 2017
- 50 Things To Do To Get Ready for School - July 13, 2017
- Picnic Table Ideas – Friendly Backyard Living Spaces - July 5, 2017