10 Christmas Decorating Ideas
By Sonya Weiss, Interior Design –
It’s that time of year again when the holiday festivities turn to gatherings where the laughter and love fill a home to the rafters. Below are 10 ways you can decorate your home for the holidays and bring in that Christmas cheer!
1. Hang small Christmas stockings on the back of your kitchen chairs with brightly colored ribbons in red, green and gold. In each stocking, put small wrapped gifts for your friends or family.
2. Attach wide ribbons in Christmas designs to the bottoms of pillar candles to use throughout your home.
3. Fill a glass bowl with Christmas balls or bells. If you’re trying to achieve a winter wonderland look, use silver bells or balls. Set the bowl on a coffee table or use as a dining table centerpiece.
4. You can also use a crystal cake stand with cover as your table centerpiece. Fill it with homemade Christmas goodies such as brightly decorated cookies or cupcakes.
5. Hang wreaths on the windows. Use plain green ones for a country appeal.
6. Place electric candles on the windowsill of each window but remove the screens from the windows first. It’ll give your home a warmer, more welcoming look.
7. Place a Radio Flyer (or similar red) wagon on the front porch. Fill the wagon with gaily wrapped Christmas boxes, pine cones and greenery.
8. Set a topiary tree decorated with Christmas lights by the front door.
9. Wrap the mailbox in a bright red ribbon.
10. Line either side of your walkway with luminaries for a festive glow.
From the time she was a child, Sonya spun stories to entertain herself and her siblings. Once she graduated high school, she put her writing aside and attended college where she studied Secondary Education, majoring in English. The writing bug never quite left her and once she had children, Sonya would write stories for their enjoyment.
A few years ago, her oldest daughter persuaded her to send a children’s short story to an editor and to Sonya’s astonishment and delight, the story sold. In April of 2003, she won Harlequin’s Writing Round Robin contest. Since then, her work has appeared on various online websites as well as in her local newspaper.
Sonya currently resides in the beautiful state of South Carolina with her husband and four children and works as a freelance writer.
From the time she was a child, Sonya spun stories to entertain herself and her siblings. Once she graduated from high school, she put her writing aside and attended college where she studied Secondary Education, majoring in English. She's represented by literary agent Nicole Resciniti.
Sonya's website can be found at https://sonyaweiss.com/
See More of Sonya's Interior Decorating Columns.
Home Decorating Resources:
Hiring an Interior Designer
Latest posts by Sonya Weiss (see all)
- Holiday Table or Mantle Decoration Easy as 1- 2 – 3 - November 26, 2017
- Dressing Your Table – Decorating Ideas - February 1, 2017
- Decoupage Holiday Candles - November 25, 2016