10 Minute July 4th Appetizer: Queso Dip
Fourth of July get-togethers are centered on good friends and good food. If you’re hosting one of these celebrations, it’s not always easy to come up with ideas to spice up the traditional hot dog and hamburger meal. In fact, many times that’s exactly what your guests are looking for.
A good way to add variety to your party and entertain guests while the meat is on the grill is to serve different kinds of chips and dip. Tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole are always a hit, but why not try something a little different with a queso dip? It’s always a crowd pleaser and is sure to satisfy kids and adults alike. The key is to have a simple and delicious recipe to serve!
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3. Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables.
1. To make in microwave, combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or just until cheese melts, stirring after 3 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until mixture is well blended. CAUTION: Dish will be hot; use hot pads
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Happy Father’s Day Homemade Gifts, Poems and Quotes - May 13, 2018
- Auntie’s Chorizo and Sweet Potato Enchiladas - May 3, 2018
- Happy Mother’s Day Poems and Crafts - April 25, 2018