20 Free Things To Do with Kids to Celebrate Labor Day
- Go to a Labor Day parade.
- Have a picnic at a local park,
- Check if your community has a free concert, fireworks or other celebration you can attend.
- Go for a hike in the woods, enjoy these last days of summer.
- Pitch a tent in your own backyard and camp out.
- Volunteer at a local homeless shelter or other organization, they are usually short on staff for holiday weekends.
- Take the kids fishing, most state don’t require a license for children.
- Fly Kites ( Make your own).
- Make Back to School Crafts.
- Have a reading marathon, who ever reads the most doesn’t have to do chores for the week.
- Play Board Games (outside if weather permits) while enjoying a special treat.
- Make a collage of all the fun things you did this past summer.
- People watch – head out to the mall or other busy area, make a game of guessing things about people.
- Take a long walk in the city to check out all the sights, building architecture, etc.
- Binge watch favorite TV shows, DVD’s, Netflix, etc.
- Make an indoor tent or fort and have a picnic inside (great for rainy weather).
- Bake something with whatever supplies you have in the house, get everyone involved researching recipes, mixing and eating.
- Head out to a lake or river with a public access area and go swimming.
- Play in the sprinkler.
- Have a bring your own food and drink party – you supply the place and clean up.
https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/20-labor-day/https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/girlandherdog-1024x639.jpghttps://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/girlandherdog-150x150.jpgLabor DayActivities for Kids,Family Fun,HolidaysGo to a Labor Day parade. Have a picnic at a local park, Check if your community has a free concert, fireworks or other celebration you can attend. Go for a hike in the woods, enjoy these last days of summer. Pitch a tent in your own backyard...Sue MillerSue Miller[email protected]AuthorSue loves everything about Halloween and has brought together the best Halloween party recipes, Halloween jokes, costumes, crafts and decorations to make your Halloween the best ever!Families Online Magazine
Sue loves everything about Halloween and has brought together the best Halloween party recipes, Halloween jokes, costumes, crafts and decorations to make your Halloween the best ever!