5 Ways To Celebrate Grandparents Day In Style
A recent report that surveyed 263 kinship caregivers has found that nearly 50% of UK grandparents give up work to help raise their grandchildren, which often results in financial difficulties for many. So why is it that when Grandparent’s Day comes not all of us are rushing to the shops to stock up on cards and sweets for those who love us so much? For some reason this holiday has not yet gained such commercial success and widespread popularity as Mother’s and Father’s Day, but it’s up to us to change that. After all, our grandparents are not going to be with us forever, and every moment spent together should be cherished.
So here are our 5 ways to celebrate Grandparent’s Day in style:
1. Take them on a shopping spree. In financially difficult times many grandparents try to save as much as possible (often to help their children out), depriving themselves of the simple pleasures they should be enjoying from time to time. So treat your grandparents to a certificate at their favourite shop or treat them to a new set of clothes, a beauty makeover or choose something stylish for the home together.
2. Your grandparents may not be spending enough time on beauty treatments and their health. So it may be a great idea to get them weekend getaways to the nearest spa where they can relax with some peaceful music, candlelight, massage sessions, aromatherapy, manicures, pedicures, body wraps, detox procedures and other treatments that can give them energy and help them beat the stress of everyday monotony. Granddads may enjoy these treats as much as Grannies; just choose something suitable for both.
3. Send a personalised gift cake. Everyone loves a good cake but if it’s imprinted with a special message it can also be a great way to tell your grandparents how much you appreciate their unconditional love. These days you can go online and choose the recipe, design and size of your cake, select the most suitable delivery option and even add such party essentials as hats, horns, balloons, etc. You can upload photos of family members to appear on the cake and bring a smile to the faces of your grandparents. The message you personalise your sweet delight with can be humorous or touching, unconventional or traditional: a great way to say something you can’t quiet express in everyday conversation.
4. You know how grandparents love to show the pictures of their children and grandchildren to everyone willing to look at them? Well, nowadays it is possible to engrave or imprint family photos on any type of product imaginable, from party cakes and shopping totes to throw blankets and bottles of wine. Think about what’s the most appropriate option for your grandparents and choose from a variety of photo books, fridge magnets or pocket photo albums they can always carry with them.
5 .Support their hobbies. Getting your grandparents a certificate for cooking courses, a ticket to their favourite TV show or a trip to the theatre they used to frequent can really brighten up their day and bring back fond memories while creating new ones.
There are also simpler ways to make your grandparents feel special. Get together with your family members and while they are at the spa or a lunch out spruce up their house, mow their lawn and cook a delicious meal for when they get back. It’s about giving back and showing support, so use your imagination this Grandparent’s Day to make it a little more special.
Latest posts by Karen James (see all)
- Fall is Apple Season – Enjoy the Taste and Health Benefits - August 30, 2018
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Grandparents Day In Style - August 1, 2018
- Homemade Love on Grandparents Day - August 1, 2018