How to Make a Diaper Cake – Babies-Toddler
How to Make a Diaper Cake
Hosting a baby shower or looking for a great gift for a new mom? A diaper cake makes a fantastic centerpiece for any baby shower and is also a very nice gift that the new mom will find useful. Here are the basics on how to make your own diaper cake:
1) First, you must decide how big you want the diaper cake. The size of the cake will determine how many diapers you need. Here are some general guidelines:
Top tier – 5-6 diapers
2nd Tier – 15 diapers
3rd Tier – 30 diapers
2) Roll the diapers vertically into cylinders and use scotch tape or rubber bands to hold the shape. Make the bottom tiers first by attaching the diapers together either with safety pins or tape. You can easily form a cylinder which will represent the bottom layers of the cake.
3) If you like, you can wrap the bottom layers of the cake with a blanket. You can attach the tiers to each other with adhesive or pins. Glue can also be used, but is messier when trying to disassemble the cake.
4) The top tier can contain a special item, like a baby bottle keepsake or teddy bear. For a bottle, you can attach the diapers around the bottle. Stuffed animals can be pinned to the top layer of the cake.
5) Other items can also be used to decorate the cake, including pacifiers, ribbons, and colored paper. Feel free to use your creativity to attach other useful items or fun decorations to the cake.
Diaper cakes have become increasingly popular at baby showers. With a little time and effort, you can create a beautiful centerpiece for your baby shower or an unforgettable gift for the new mom to be.
About the Author – Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. To see other related items, go to . Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits above remain in tact and the hyperlinks stay active.
Families Online Magazine -Parenting advice and family fun resource. Expert