Steak & Pasta for National Pasta Day – October 17
beef tenderloin or eye round steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 8 ounces)
3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta, cooked
2 tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 pound fresh plum tomatoes, seeded, and chopped 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoon freshly grated Romano cheese
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt, nutmeg and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in basil and 1 tablespoon cheese. Cover; remove from heat.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook tenderloin steaks 10 to 13 minutes (eye round steaks about 8 to 10 minutes), turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon tomato sauce over pasta; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve with steaks.
Latest posts by Manilyn Moreno (see all)
- White Chocolate Buche de Noel: Yummy Dessert for Christmas - November 26, 2017
- Steak & Pasta for National Pasta Day – October 17 - October 16, 2017