The Best Cookware Sets of 2019 Reviewed
Have you ever purchased that “perfect” cookware set; You know, the one advertised as “no-stick, no-burn, oil free” only to find out that those qualities only last for a very limited time?
Maybe the non-stick coating starts peeling off, even though you used only rubber spatulas and spoons. The scrambled eggs are sticking and taking forever to soak off.
The frustration is real and your time is valuable.
Cookware…you cannot live without it (unless you’re a college student, then all you need is a bowl, plastic dinnerware, and a microwave, but for the rest of us, the pursuit of the best cookware seems to be never ending).
Do we use coated or non-coated, anodized or stainless steel? Will the “pretty” set work as well and last as long as the “plain”?
Before we look at the cookware itself, let’s take a look at the three different types of metal used and their unique features.
- Anodized Aluminum – this is aluminum that is put through a chemical process to harden the aluminum, creating a non-stick, scratch-resistant coating on the surface. It is also rust and corrosion resistant.
- Stainless Steel – this is an alloy composition of different metals which contain chromium and nickel. This alloy promotes an even heating and resists leaching of harmful chemicals/metals.
- Aluminum – This material is lightweight and also conducts heat evenly. Aluminum reacts to acidic ingredients and is coated with a non-stick coating to prevent leaching of harmful chemicals.
Best Overall Cookware Sets
Although the field is crowded, when you factor in durability, performance, and price these sets stand out as the best cookware:
The T-fal E765SC heats evenly and quickly, requiring only medium heat settings. The heat indicator in the center of the will turn red when optimum heat levels are reached. The handles are an easy-grip, riveted rubber and are actually oven safe. That’s right! You can move the pans from stovetop to oven!
This set is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The pans are dishwasher safe and extremely easy to clean. Even baked on ingredients will wipe right out!
There are twelve pieces in the set: 2 fry pans, 8 and 10 inches; 1-qt, 2-qt, and 3-qt saucepans with lids and a 5 quart Dutch oven with lid. The set also include a plastic solid spoon and slotted spatula.
Some buyers reported that their set was shipped in unmarked box and appeared to be returns. Also reported was the exterior surface scratching easily and even washing off in the dishwasher. There were complaints that the cookware did not sit flat on their flat-top stove tops. The red heat indicator is not always accurate so be sure and check before adding food.
this set is lightweight, easy to use, and consistently non-stick.
- SET INCLUDES: 8 inches fry pan, 10 inches fry pan, 1 quart. saucepan with lid, 2 quart saucepan with lid, 3 quart saucepan with lid, 5 quart. Dutch oven with lid, solid spoon and slotted spatula. Heat source, Gas, Electric, Cermaic, Halogen
- BUILT TO PERFORM: A true workhorse in the kitchen, hard anodized aluminum retains perfect heat and has a much stronger protective layer than the original metal, making it corrosion and scratch resistant, plus it won't react to acidic foods
- HEAT MASTERY SYSTEM: T fal's Heat Mastery System is a 3 ingredient recipe for perfectly delicious cooking results every time. Superior and longer lasting non stick coating, an anti warping, even heat base and patented Thermo Spot technology
- THERMO SPOT INDICATOR: The ring around the spot turns solid red to show when pans are perfectly preheated and ready for ingredients to be added. Proper preheating is key to sealing in flavor and cooking food evenly
- DURABLE NONSTICK: Hard Titanium reinforced, scratch resistant and toxin free nonstick interior stands up to everyday use and keeps food sliding smoothly along the surface, making cooking easier and cleanup a breeze
The pans have tapered lips for drip-free pouring (love this!). The lids are tight-fitting which seals in flavor and nutrients and the stainless steel surface does not react with food or alter the taste. This makes it perfect for sautéing, frying, and simmering.
The set consists of two saucepans, a 1 1/2-qt and 3-qt with lids; an 8-qt stock pan with lid, and a 10-inch skillet and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Stains can occur on the surface but are removable with soap, water, and a plastic scrub sponge. There are some mirror-finish areas that will appear scratched if Bon Ami or Bartender’s friend is used. The pans heat quickly and overheating can cause the food to stick or burn so the user needs to watch closely when pre-heating.
These pans aid in predictable cooking. They are quickly and evenly heated. They are versatile and can be used in the oven as well as on the stove top.
- Updated cast-stainless-steel handle stays cool to the touch and comes riveted for strength
- Set includes: 1-1/2-quart and 3-quart saucepans with covers, 8-quart stockpot with cover, and 10-inch skillet
- Rims are tapered for drip-free pouring
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe up to 550 degrees F; broiler-safe
- Limited lifetime warranty
This set has 12 pieces: 1 and 3 qt covered saucepans; 8 ½-inch and 10-inch skillets; 6-qt covered stockpot and a 3-qt covered sauté pan. It also has a slotted turner and spoon. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
There are three primary concerns that show up repeatedly in the reviews. The first is that several cooks have experienced shattering lids while in use. This could lead to serious injuries. Second, like most non-stick coating, it tends to peel and flake over time. Lastly, the ceramic coating stains easily and fades quickly. Also, dishwasher use is not recommended for this set.
This is an attractive set and if you are looking for something to match your kitchen colors and not use for heavy-duty food prep, this set might work for you. It is a great set for someone moving out on their own for the first time.
- Durable nonstick cookware design: nonstick pots ANSI pans are crafted with durable aluminum and sturdy hard enamel porcelain exteriors
- Enhanced PFOA-free nonstick: cookware set features espresso-colored, PFOA-free nonstick for effortless food release
- Convenience and control: The one-piece cookware set boasts dual-riveted rubberized stainless steel handles and shatter-resistant glass lids; Includes Slotted turner and spoon
- Oven safe: oven safe to 400°f, the pots and pans are suitable for all stovetops, except induction
- Set includes: 1-quart and 3-quart Covered Saucepans, 6-quart covered stockpot, 8. 5-Inch and 10-inch skillets, 3-quart Covered sauté pan, slotted turner and spoon
The set consists of 7-in and 9 1/2-in open-fry skillet; 1-qt and 2-qt covered saucepan; 2 1/2-qt covered sauté pan; 5-qt covered stockpot and 4 cooking utensils. Greenlife will only cover manufacturer defects with an undisclosed warranty period.
The ceramic tends to chip easily and the non-stick coating does not work for long. Usually within the first months, the customers complain of food beginning to stick and burning. The other complaint is that the handles burned no matter how low the temperature of the heat source.
The reviews were moderate. If the product is handled gently, washed by hand, and not overheated, it will last for awhile. The best feature is the safe-health ceramic coating.
- Set Composition – 14-Piece cookware set includes 7-inch and 9.5-inch open frypan skillet, 1-quart and 2-quart covered saucepan, 2.5-quart covered sauté pan, 5-quart covered stockpot, and 4 multi-purpose black nylon cooking utensils that won't warp over time or scratch the pans (4 glass lids included)
- Healthy Ceramic Nonstick – Our healthy ceramic non-stick Thermolon coating is absolutely toxin-free at any temperature; Manufactured without PFAS, PFOA, Lead or Cadmium, which guarantees that no toxic fumes will release even when accidentally overheated
- Features – Thermolon ceramic nonstick guarantees effortless food release and easy cleanup; The durable aluminum reinforced body ensures a long-lasting sturdy base, high heat resistance and fast/even heat distribution for the ideal cooking experience; All pots and pans feature soft-touch stay cool handle for additional comfort and a cool grip during use; The matching tight-fitting glass lids seal in moisture and nutrients for flavorful results every time you cook; All pouring rims are drip-free
- Free Your Healthy Chef - This cookware set is the ultimate partner for your kitchen! From a quick fried egg for a lazy breakfast in bed to stepping it up with a 3-course dinner, this set will assist you in all your cooking adventures; Perfect for cooking, simmering, searing, sauteing, braising or frying, this set does it all! Create your favorite fish, meat, poultry, or vegetable dishes with success
- Use and Care – Suitable for all stovetops including gas, electric, halogen or ceramic (not for induction stovetop); Oven safe up to 350°F and dishwasher safe for added convenience; For long-lasting performance, cook on low to medium heat settings with few drops of high smoke point oil or butter – nylon or wooden utensils recommended
The set consists of 8 and 10-inch omelet pans, 1 and 2-qt covered saucepans, and a 6-qt covered stockpot. It comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
The cookware cannot be washed in the dishwasher. There were several complaints of the exterior color fading when not washed by hand. The warranty is voided if washed in a dishwasher.
This is a very satisfactory set. Reviews show that it cleans easily and cooks well. Both experienced and new cooks love this set.
- 8- and 10-inch omelet pan, 1- and 2-quart covered sauce pan, and 6-quart covered stock pot
- Hard-anodized aluminum construction for fast, even heating; nonstick coating ensures effortless food release
- Dual-riveted cast stainless-steel handles with silicone accents for stay-cool comfort
- Domed tempered glass covers, each with a silicone handle, make it easy to monitor food
- Oven-safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit; hand wash only; 10-year limited warranty; Note: Cannot use in Induction Stoves.
Cookware Material Comparison
Here is a good YouTube video that explains more about the types of cookware available:
Best Cast Iron Cookware Sets
In the European Middle Ages, at a time when open fires whether in pits or fireplaces were the only way to cook food, homemakers and hired cooks were ecstatic about the latest cooking utensils made of cast iron.
Unlike the other options – copper and clay pots, Cast Iron cookware allowed cooks to put the pot directly over the fire. As a result, cast iron cookware was the most treasured possession for frontiersmen and pioneers hiking their way across North America.
Cooking (for the average home) continued to be done over open flames until the mass production of home products (after the end of the civil war and generally around the 1890s in the U.S.) made wood, gas and eventually electric stoves affordable for most households.
Today, induction stoves are becoming the preferred method of cooking but you cannot use just any pot or pan because not all types will transfer the heat correctly. Cast Iron cookware is one of the few that is recommended. We have listed the top five best cast iron cookware sets.
Wow! is about the only thing that can be said about this moderately priced cast iron set. It is the only set that includes the most useful sized skillet – 12” – a saucepot large enough to cook vegetables and a 20” x 9” reversible skillet – for pancakes on one side and steaks on the other – plus lids that fit all the pans.
- Pre-Seasoned 12" Cast Iron Skillet, 4.5qt Dutch Oven Pot, 2.5qt Saucepot, 20" x 9" Heavy-duty Reversible Cast Iron Griddle. Also includes 8.6" Trivet & Dutch Oven Lid Lifter
- For cooking on an open fire or with burning ash
- Large pot with lid and recess for the circulation of the burning ash
- Convenient wooden box for easy transport
- Pre-seasoned and non-stick surfaces help to ensure that cleaning is quick and painless
You probably don’t recognize this manufacturer’s name but their products have been around for more than a hundred years. They started into cast iron cookware in the early part of the 20th Century after their number one best seller, the turkey lacer underwrote their financial success.
The skillet set is on the pricier side of cast iron but the raves from customer reviews suggest that the quality is so much more superior to other cookware that it is still a bargain.
Heuck is based in Indiana which means that reaching the company for any questions is especially easy.
- Ready to use immediately without needing to be preseasoned, giving convenience to experienced cast iron chefs and comfort to novices
- Preseasoned with oil and baked at a high heat at a factory to promote nonstick and smooth, even cooking
- 20-Year Warranty
- 2-Piece skillet set
- Perfect for everything from searing meat to sauteeing vegetables
Lodge, the only American manufacturer of cast iron cookware left and it offers a complete cooking sets of cast iron cookware. This set includes the most popular items for camping and kitchens with two skillets, a Dutch oven and a griddle.
Lodge has the best reputation among all cast iron utensil makers in the world and the best customer service as well. The company provides simple, easy to follow instructions for how to care and maintenance.
- LODGE 5 PIECE COOKWARE SET. It’s time to cover all your bases. This set includes: 10.5 Inch Griddle, 8 Inch Skillet, 10.25 Inch Skillet, 5 Quart (10.25 Inch) Dutch Oven and Cast Iron Cover that fits 10.25 Inch Skillet and 5 Quart Dutch Oven
- SEASONED CAST IRON COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get
- ALL INCLUSIVE SET. The Lodge 5 piece set combines the most needed cast iron cookware for a complete kitchen. It offers unparalleled heat retention as you perfect your searing, sauteing, simmering, baking, broiling, braising, frying, roasting, and grilling
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America
Whether you are an outdoorsman or a home cook, a really deep skillet is hard to find. Stansport’s set includes what they call a “Chicken Fryer” and any Southern cook knows exactly what that is!
Even though the finish of this cookware is not as meticulous as the Lodge products, they do cook just as well.
Before there were deep fryers for home use, making deep fried fish or chicken was done on the stove top. The advantage of using a cast iron skillet for deep frying is that you can use real lard or vegetable shortenings instead of oils if you choose. The second advantage is being able to use this cookware on a grill or open fire in case of an emergency.
In spite of the fact that the company does pre-season the pans, those who have purchased this set do recommend seasoning it well before using it.
- High quality cast iron evenly distributes heat even when used over an open fire, heavy cast iron lid keeps food moist while cooking
- Includes: 10 inch Fry Pan, 3quart Chicken Fryer w/ Lid, 10 inch Dutch Oven, Dutch Oven Lid Lifter and Cast Iron Hot Handle Holder
- Essential part of any outdoor kitchen, can be used for cooking anything from roasts to cakes, biscuits and breads
- Keeps food warmer longer than ordinary pots and pans
- Easy to clean surface
Ranking right up there with Lodge and Stansport, Outdoor Gourmet’s set is on the lower end of cast iron pricing. The Dutch Oven that is included in this set has feet on the bottom which could make it difficult to set on an outdoor grill but works fine if you set it down over ashes or coal.
The pour spouts on the skillets are not as nice as they are on the Stansport so they are really more decorative than functional.
- 2 cast-iron skillets
- Cast-iron Dutch broiler
- Cast-iron frying pan
- Cast-iron top
- Cast-iron development gives strength
What to Consider When Buying Cast Iron Cookware
The color of the cast iron should be a dull black. If you find some cookware that are shiny black or light black, the quality of the iron is diminished by an alloy and often means that it will require constant seasoning with each use, more susceptible to rust and will heat less evenly.
Some manufacturers out of China paint their products with a lead-based black paint that could affect the food.
Reasons To Cook With Cast Iron Cookware
This video talks about some reasons why it is good to cook with cast iron:
The Best Induction Cookware Sets
At least twice a month, ads for portable induction hotplates show up on late night television and when the holidays start creeping closer, these ads will turn into infomercials only to show you the magic of induction cooking: you can place your hand directly on the burner and not get burned.
Oh! Yes, those are the least costly method of testing out induction stoves.
The reason that your hand will not get burned is the same reason that your aluminum, glass and copper pans are useless on this type of heating element: none of these are magnetic.
Induction cooking depends on the magnetic field in order to transfer heat from the burner to the pot. Therefore, you must use cookware that is magnetic.
Here are the best induction cookware sets on the market:
For those who love the bling of shiny stainless steel and are not into weight lifting required of cast iron no matter how attractive, Duxtop offers this heavy duty set for the home chef.
The largest stock pot holds 8 quarts and the largest sauce pan is 2.5 quarts. Manufactured in 3-layers with an outer and inner layer of stainless steel and the middle one in aluminum, this one is light and retains the magnetism of steel. This is also a more moderately priced set for those on a tighter budget.
- Includes 8 and 9.5-inch fry pans; 1.6-Quart, 2.5-Quart sauce pans with lids;8.6-Quart stock pot with lid; 4.2-Quart casserole with lid;5.5-Quart Saute pan with helper and lid;9.5-inch pasta basket and steam basket; 3 pcs kitchen tools.
- Constructed with 18/10 commercial grade stainless steel, heavy gauge impact-bonded aluminum encapsulated bottom, build to last for a life time
- Ergonomically shaped handle with anti-slippery satin finish, handle is riveted to pan provide durability
- Suitable for all cooking source, electric, gas, infrared, induction stove or Radiant glass and ceramic cooktop
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe to 550 degrees F; freezer-safe for food storage; Lifetime Limited warranty
Circulon is recognized by professional chefs worldwide for its quality products for the home. You may see this type of cookware on the television shopping channels and in top-line retail outlets, such as Macy’s.
This is the cookware set for those replacing their current pots and pans but who have a fully outfitted kitchen. This set is also a great starter set for brides and grooms and college graduates going out on their own.
- 1-1/2- and 2-quart covered saucepans, 8-quart covered stockpot, 3-quart covered saute pan, and 8- and 10-inch open skillets
- Hard-anodized aluminum; stainless-steel bases with encapsulated aluminum cores; nonstick exteriors and abrasion-reducing ring design
- Cast stainless-steel riveted handles stay comfortably cool on the stovetop
- Heavy-gauge stainless-steel lids
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe to 500 degrees F; suitable for all stove types; limited lifetime warranty
T-Fal came of age in the cookware industry with the advent of Teflon coating. Teflon coating is significantly better quality and thickness in better quality cookware than the “non-stick” cookware available in the big box stores for discount prices.
T-Fal’s cookware is unique because of the heat indicator that becomes bright red when the pan has reached the ideal cooking temperature.
For induction cooking, this indicator also lets you know that the heat is evenly distributed across the pan.
- Prometal Pro nonstick interior is exceptionally durable and scratch resistant, safe for use with metal utensil
- The unique T-fal Thermo-spot heat indicator shows when T-fal pan is perfectly preheated for cooking
- Riveted Silicone Handles for comfort grip
- Dishwasher safe; Oven safe to 400 degrees F
- Safe for all cooking methods including induction; Limited Lifetime Warranty
Gourmet Chef’s offering for induction cookware sets is the lowest priced of the best for 2019. Is it the same quality as Circulon or Le Creuset? Of course not. Will it last as long? Probably not.
But, if you only have an induction hotplate (and not a range) and need pans that you can take with you to parties, school meetings and cover dish suppers, that won’t break your heart if they disappear, this is the set for you.
The glass lids and silicon handles are a nice touch, especially while you’re learning to cook with induction heating.
- AMAZING RESULTS: Heavy gauge aluminum core construction for quick, even heating
- HEALTHY EATING: Non-stick interior means no extra oils needed - good for your waistline! Gentle wash for easy clean-up
- CRYSTAL CLEAR: Heat resistant tempered glass lids lets you monitor cooking
- STAY-COOL HANDLES! Heat resistant, ergonomic bakelite handles; no need for secondary accessories or holders just to pick up or move your cookware sets in the middle of your cooking
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - Gourmet Chef products are backed by a 100% rock solid guarantee that you are fully satisfied with your product or receive your money back no questions asked
Choosing the Right Induction Cookware Set
We’ve presented you with cookware sets for every pocketbook size. If you are only going to use a set for parties where you need to make a fresh dish or cover dish events where you want to keep your hot dish hot without fear of children getting burned by touching the hotplate, choose the set that is most able to cover the jobs you want to do.
If you need a new set for everyday use, go get the best set you can afford. Not everything in life has to wait, right?
Pros And Cons Of Induction Cookware
Here is a video that talks about the pros and cons of using induction cookware:
Best Ceramic Cookware Sets
Don’t be led astray by the term, “ceramic cookware”. In many health magazines, you’ll read that cooking with ceramic pots and pans is healthier since the fabrication doesn’t leak processing chemicals into your food.
Then, you go online and find articles warning against using ceramic cookware because the thin ceramic coating may chip away and food is subjected to dangerous metals beneath.
Just to make life interesting, both statements are correct.
Ceramic Cookware is made in one of two ways:
- Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Cast Iron or Nickel based metal coated with a thin layer of ceramic glaze
- Porcelain enameled cookware fuses the base metal with ceramic porcelain, making it part of the base structure throughout the product
The Nano-layering method is known to chip and peel and may include lead-based paint in the glaze. The enameling method does not peel and even if it chips, the porcelain is still there because it is part of the metal.
Le Creuset has long been known in the chef world for its quality products and durability in professional environments. It’s no denying that used ceramic with cast iron accounts for much of the durability of this product.
The 20-pieces includes skillet, saucepan, individual soup ramekins, and Dutch Oven for baking, braising or deep frying on the stove top. While the set may seem to be expensive, if you were to buy the individual pieces, it would cost a lot more.
- Cast Iron: Superior heat distribution and retention — perfect for cooking on the stovetop or in the oven
- Cast Iron: Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Cast Iron: Ergonomic composite knob withstands temperatures up to 500°F
- Stoneware: Dense stoneware blocks moisture absorption to prevent cracking, crazing and rippling
- Stoneware: Impermeable exterior enamel resists stains and scratches from metal utensils
Equal to the Le Creuset brand, this set made to the quality specifications of the famous chef is almost a bargain price. This is a Porcelain Enamel and Aluminum fusion so it’s much lighter weight and easier for the average woman to use.
The addition of silicone grip handles – the same material chef’s use to pick up hot pans – and the glass lids that allow you to see the cooking process are both nice features. Because it is aluminum fused instead of cast iron, these are not appropriate for professional stoves or open fire.
- Durable and scratch resistant porcelain enamel holds up over a lifetime of cooking
- Unique silk screened base design provides distinct recognition
- Silicone grip handles stay cool make it easy to hold pans comfortably
- Compatible with gas, electric, ceramic, glass stovetops; Oven safe to 410 degree F, Glass safe to 350 degree F
- Lifetime Warranty
Silicone handles on all cookware pieces as well as the lids makes this set one of the easiest for cooks who leave their potholders in the living room. The handles can be used in a moderate oven (350 degrees max) only but they are oven rated and dishwasher safe. These are aluminum based pans with a thin ceramic coating.
One small note: you should be aware that aluminum is flimsier than stainless steel, anodized bases or cast iron and will melt if left on burners that are set on high and forgotten.
- Soft touch and riveted handles for secure, comfortable grip. The handles can cook with high temperature up to 350 Degree F
- Nonstick Ceramic coating is metal utensil safe and PTFE, PFOA, Cadmium and lead free
- The heavy gauge aluminum with ceramic coating offers superior stain resistance, superior scratch resistance and is the most durable ceramic cookware for WearEver
- High quality aluminum base provides even heat distribution for you to cook efficiently
- Limited Lifetime Warranty. Safe for all cooking methods except induction. Cooking surface able to reach 700 Degree F; oven safe to 350 Degree F; Dishwasher Safe
SilverStone is a noted manufacturer for stainless steel and aluminum cookware that has made inroads in the competitive field of cooking utensils over the past 20 years.
Starting as a mom-and-pop operation, this company now sits at the table with the big boys and customers do not hesitate to tell you about their experience with their ceramic coated aluminum cookware.
The glass lids are shatter-resistant which is another nice feature. However, even though it can be put into the dishwasher on occasion, the company recommends that you take the time to hand-wash instead.
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING COOKWARE SET: Sturdy aluminum pots and pans feature white ceramic nonstick for a unique cookware interior that delivers beautiful food release with easy cleanup
- ENHANCED NONSTICK PANS: Cushion Smart technology gives the sauté’s and frying pan's nonstick performance an extra boost
- NONSTICK COOKWARE SET INCLUDES: 1.5-Quart & 3-Quart Saucepans, with Lids, 3-Quart Sauté Pan with Lid, 6-Quart Stockpot with Lid, 8-Inch & 10-Inch Deep Frying Pans, Nylon Slotted Turner & Slotted Spoon
- EASY CARE COOKWARE: Nonstick cookware set and kitchen utensils are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup (handwashing recommended for best care)
- HIGH HEAT PERFORMANCE COOKWARE: Oven safe to 350°F, this PFOA-, PTFE- and cadmium-free ceramic nonstick cookware set is perfect for stove to oven recipes
If you have ever used the Italian maker’s cookware, you may be drawn to this particular set. Even though the overall rating is very high among verified buyers, there are some negative reports that you may wish to consider.
Generally, Bialetti produces high-quality cookware and distributes some products in many venues – including grocery stores. This particular set uses a fused aluminum with another non-specified material to create the base and thus, the company recommends cooking on low or medium heat only.
- Heavy gauge construction provides superior heat distribution
- Soft-touch, ergonomic, heat-resistant handles
- White Nonstick Ceramic Interior is eco-friendly and makes food easier to monitor
- Cookware is safe for gas and glass stove tops
- Includes: 8" & 10.25" Sauté pans, 2qt & 2.5qt sauce pans with lids, 5qt Dutch Oven, 11" deep sauté with lid
Ceramic Cookware Pros And Cons
If you can afford a porcelain enamel set, by all means choose one that can be used on any cooking surface, including induction, so that you get the most use out of it even if you get a new stove. The only one in the list above that would fit that criteria is the first one.
Choosing cookware is a very personal decision. Evaluate your needs. Do you cook a lot? Do you cook for a one or two people or a large family? You may need to choose based on your budget. There are options in each category with prices on the high end, low end, and somewhere in the middle.
Read the reviews. You can tell a lot by what previous purchasers have to say. Look at the composition, the materials used in the set. All products evaluated to promise non-toxic coatings/materials. How will they hold up to the amount and type of use? Do you have time to hand wash or do you need to be able to place your cookware in the dishwasher? Warranties are important as well. You want to purchase products from companies who support the quality of their products.
Last Updated on