The Top 6 Cool Mist Humidifiers Reviewed
Is the air in your home causing your throat to scratch and your nasal passages to close up? If so it may be time to invest in an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier. While humidifiers can be used all year round, they are most useful during the winter months when the air naturally holds on to less moisture.
Best Cool Mist Humidifiers
In this article we’ll talk about the 6 best cool mist humidifiers in 2019:
This medium-sized, tabletop humidifier can handle rooms up to 500 square feet. It doesn’t have a lot of fancy features but it does do its job extremely well. It uses UV technology to ensure 99.9% of the fungus, mold and bacteria that’s found in the water doesn’t survive.
The humidifier operates quietly and has a self regulating evaporator system that automatically adjusts the amount of moisture that’s being put out into the air. It’s effective, easy to use and easy to clean, thanks to its dishwasher safe parts.
- COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: Add cool moisture to dry air with this quiet humidifier. The 1 gallon tank runs up to 24 hours on low, making this humidifier great for bedrooms & medium sized rooms in your home. UV technology kills 99.9% of bacteria in the water
- FILTERED COOL MOISTURE: Evaporative Technology blows moisture off a wicking filter, helping it evaporative into the air quickly. It's not possible to over-humidify with evaporative technology because you can't add more moisture to the air than it can hold
- HONEYWELL HUMIDIFIERS: Humidity levels in your home between 40-60% can make the air feel warmer & improve your breathing comfort, sleeping, nasal congestion & dry skin. Dry air can cause static electricity, damage wooden furniture & irritate health issues
- HUMIDIFIERS FOR BABIES, CHILDREN, ADULTS: Humidifiers diffuse moisture into the air, and many find that a humidifier for the home, bedroom or nursery becomes an essential part of a good nights sleep when the air is dry, in allergy season, or when sick
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Improve humidity levels in your home & improve your comfort with a Honeywell humidifier. Compare to humidifiers & similar products from Vicks, Crane, Urpower, Holmes, Boveda, Dyson, Evapolar, Aprilaire, Fridgidaire, & Pure Guardian.Dishwasher safe water tank & tray
This cute little humidifier is perfect for a nursery or small child’s room. The adjustable mist control of the device makes it super easy to set moisture levels in the room. You can also control the direction of the mist, thanks to the 2 mist outlets that fully rotate. This is the perfect solution for parents with two children who share the same room.
Unlike many other humidifiers on the market, this one doesn’t have a noisy fan. Just top it off with water and your child will sleep like a baby for the next 12 hours. To ensure safety, the humidifier automatically shuts off when there is no more water in the tank.
- Two mist outlets rotate 360 Degree for customized nursery coverage
- Easy-to-clean tank with no costly filters to replace
- Cool mist and quiet ultrasonic operation
- Easy-fill tank for up to 36 hours of nursery coverage
- Auto shut-off and fill-tank light
This dual mist humidifier (virtually silent) help you breathe better and sleep more comfortably starting tonight. It disperses both warm and cool mist and features dual nozzles which allow for wider coverage.
Each nozzle rotates 360 degrees giving you the power to pinpoint the exact direction you want the mist to go. The Ion Exchange Filter extends the life of the generator by demineralizing water and ensuring magnesium and calcium don’t build up in the water.
- Dual function: Warm and Cool mist
- ION exchange filter
- Ultrasonic generator
- Humidity output: 400cc/hour
- Designed for rooms up to 500 sq. ft
This humidifier is perfect for those looking to humidify their entire home on a budget. It has a 3.6 gallon water tank and can run for up to 36 hours. It features easy to use controls and an automatic shut off. The digital humidistat gives you complete control over the moisture levels in your home. And though the tank is relatively large, it’s easy to clean.
- Console-style humidifier for a whole house up to 3600 square feet
- Digital humidistat automatically maintains your desired humidity level with digital accuracy
- Automatically shuts off when desired humidity level is reached or when unit is empty
- Easy to clean - evaporative wick traps mineral deposits, smooth operation - no belts, pulleys or wheels.Voltage:120 V
- Assembled dimension: 20.5(H) x 21.5(W) x 14.5 (l) in
The Air-O-Swiss AOS 7135 is perfect for large rooms in the home. Auto Mist Technology ensures the environment in the room is always comfortable. Any time conditions change it automatically adjusts.
It comes with a replaceable demineralization cartridge which means you never have to worry about mineral residue or lime scale. And to ensure constant freshness there is a Hydro Cell included. Other features of the product include digital display technology, whisper quiet performance, warm or cool mist and water treatment accessories.
- High Output: Up to 3.5 gallons/24 hours for rooms up to 650 sq ft
- Auto Mode for fully automated operation. Mains voltage:120 V / 60 Hz
- Whisper-quiet in operation
- Optional warm or cool mist
- Digital display and programmable hygrostat
This is one humidifier every child will love having in their room. When you first see it you will think its yet another toy for your child to play with. But upon further inspection you will see it is much more than that. If your child is suffering from a stuffy nose, nasal congestion, dry throat, chapped lips, or itchy skin, this humidifier can help. It releases over 2 gallons of moisture into the air every single day, ensuring your child gets a peaceful nights rest.
Besides being the most adorable humidifier you ever did see, the Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is easy to use and has an automatic shut off feature for added safety. It requires no filter and comes highly recommended by pediatricians.
- 1 GALLON TANK: Removable half gallon tank fits under most bathroom sinks for easy filling and runs whisper quiet up to 24 hours
- CLEAN CONTROL: Anti-microbial Material reduces mold and bacteria growth by up to 99.96%
- SOOTHING RELIEF: Ultrasonic Cool Mist effectively humidifies up to 500 square feet for easier breathing and a good night’s sleep
- NO FILTER REQUIRED: This humidifier does not require a filter, but for homes with hard water, demineralization filters can be purchased and used with this unit
- AUTO SHUT-OFF SENSOR: Humidifier automatically shuts off when the water level is low
Advice For Purchasing A Cool Mist Humidifier
Before you head out to buy a cool mist humidifier, always know how big of an area you are trying to humidify. This way you know you are getting the best humidifier for your situation. You should also know the type of water you need for your daily requirements.
For instance, if you have hard water it is an absolute must you invest in a humidifier that uses a demineralization filter. Otherwise there will be a lot of dust left in the water which will translate into dust getting in the air.
It’s also noteworthy to mention that some humidifiers come with this filter while others offer it as an optional add on.
How To Choose A Humidifier
Here is a great YouTube video talking about what to look for when purchasing a cool mist humidifier:
Last Updated on