The Top 7 Essential Oil Diffusers For Large Rooms Reviewed
Aromatherapy is a form for alternative medicine. It is an inexpensive method of taking care of a number of health issues. It involves the use of essential oils, placed in an oil diffuser to warm the oil and mist it into the air for inhalation.
The essential oils come directly from the plant, giving you all the health benefits of nature. Not all diffusers are created equally, so it’s important to know what to look for when choosing the one you want to use in your home.
Best Essential Oil Diffusers For Large Spaces
This nebulizing essential oil diffuser is the ideal choice for the best therapeutic benefit because it does not use heat or water to diffuse the oils into the air. Timers are built in to keep the diffuser running for short periods of time for maximum benefit and to prevent “nose fatigue” from getting used to the scent of an oil after a while. You’ll also get defense against airborne viruses and bacteria. While it is more expensive than others on our list, it has to do with the quality of the product and the type of diffusing technology.
- 5 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty (Registration Requried)
- Manufactured in the USA
- The patented "quick change" atomizer attachment and self-maintenance air filtration feature let you enjoy the convenience and control of today's most advanced aromatherapy delivery system
- Qualifies for Free Shipping
- Exclusive US Version
This BPA free unit works with purified water. It uses a ceramic disc to prevent corrosion and breakdown after continued exposure to the oils. The unit features six color LED lights that can be used to create mood lighting, or turned off altogether. You can use this unit for a room of up to 500 square feet, and get up to six hours of diffusion time. The automatic shut off feature keeps the unit safe. You can purchase multiple units in a pack, up to six, to keep one in all rooms of your home.
This ultra-high capacity diffuser will hold up to 200 ML of water for longer diffusion times, for up to eight to 10 hours of use. The auto-shut off feature turns the unit off when the water starts to get low, so you can use it safely at night. It provides optional soothing light, you can set for your preferred brightness, or have it gradually brighten to assist with meditation and relaxation. It’s available in several colors, including: blue, gray, orange, and green.
- MELT AWAY STRESS, RELAX, and REJUVENATE with the most advanced and effective method of diffusing tap water with a few drops of your choice of essential or fragrant oil, using ultrasonic aromatherapy technology
- ULTRA HIGH CAPACITY- 200 ml- makes for longer diffusing time -Operates up to 8-10 hours
- AUTO SHUT- OFF when water runs low- adds to safety, energy efficiency, and peace of mind- especially for use at night
- SOOTHING LIGHT can be set to your preferred brightness, can be turned off entirely, or can be set to “breathing” mode- lighting up gradually and slowly fading down- assisting in meditation or therapeutic breathing
- The ultimate home relaxation device- Brings the spa to you- GREAT GIFT IDEA. It is beneficial to clean your diffuser after using with heavy oils. This will avoid oil buildup blocking the misting mechanism, and ensure that your diffuser continues providing a steady, strong mist.
Available in blue, yellow, and pink, you can choose the diffuser that best fits your style. You can run this diffuser for three to four hours and it has an automatic shutoff feature. It produces no condensation, and features soft LED lighting, as well as a no light mode. It will cover anywhere from 200 to 300 square feet of space.
- Vibrantly colored top cone glows with soft LED lights (or remains off you choose)
- LiteMist aromatherapy system silently mists essential oils into your space
- As a midsized diffuser (4.3′′ x 8.7′′), it’s just big enough to fill a small yoga studio, large living room, office cubicle and even an open foyer, should you want to welcome people with fresh scent
- Energy efficient, this 80ml capacity machine runs for up to 4 hours before needing to be refilled and the auto shut off ensures safe operating, even if you forget it’s on (because it’s so quiet)
- ZAQ Allay is BPA free and made of safe, healthfriendly materials
This unit has four built in timers for 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 120 minutes, and 180 minutes. The humidifier will help will dry skin, cough, and sinus issues. This unit works well for rooms up to 220 square feet.
- 2019 New Improved Version with stronger mist and more efficient essential oil breakdown
- 2-in-1 ultrasonic aroma diffuser humidifier creates instant relaxing aromatherapy by adding essential oils (10ml lavender essential oil included)
- Whisper-quiet ultrasonic operation, Advanced ultrasonic diffusing technology with auto-shut off when water level is low, 4 Timer settings: Continue On, 180 minutes, 120 minutes and 60 minutes. 6 soothing color lights to choose
- Humidifier provides moisture for Dry Cough, Sinus Irritation, Dry Skin
- 2019 New Improved Version with stronger mist and more efficient essential oil breakdown, High capacity water tank: 100ml, Perfect for room up to 220 sq. ft. Compact size: 5.5"(H)x3.2"(W)
With the interval option on this diffuser, it will diffuse in cycles to conserve water and oil, so you can get about 10 hours of use out of it on a single tank. This makes it a great choice for overnight use. The auto shut off feature will stop the unit when the water runs low.
- Increases air moisture for easier breathing and relief of cough, cold, and flu symptoms, including nasal congestion, dry cough, sinus irritation, nose bleeds, as well as dry skin
- Creates instant relaxing aromatherapy with essential oils (sold separately) and color changing LED lights. Promoting overall well-being, relieving feelings of stress, ensuring better sleep.
- Reduces the smell of stale cigarette smoke and tobacco odors. Controls pet and animal odors.
- Whisper-quiet with 2.4 MHZ advanced ultrasonic technology, without any interference with your work or sleep.
- Runs Up to 6 Hours with Auto Shut-off. Automatic shut off safety system when waterless protects the product from being burned out.
This unit is BPA free and does not use heat to diffuse the oil, to keep the integrity of the oil in tact. When the water is low, the unit will automatically shut off for safety. It features multiple LED lights for mood, if desired. The mist will last for three to four hours.
- Just add tap water and essential oils
- Extremely quiet and easy to clean
- Cool steam / no heat involved / no risk of burns
- Automatically shuts off
- Runs up to 8 hours
Types of Diffusers
An ultrasonic diffuser uses electric frequency to create vibrations. These vibrations move to where the oils float, and evaporate the oil so it is diffused into the area without heat. Since heat can break down the oils and interfere with the quality of the oil’s benefits, the ultrasonic diffuser is a good choice. The process also produces negative ions that can help calm the body and surrounding environment.
An evaporative diffuser uses air that blows through a filter and evaporates the oil through it. Since lighter oils will diffuse faster than heavier oils with this method, you may not get the same quality health benefits as you would from the whole oil, but it will still do a decent job of getting the aroma in the room. It runs quietly, too.
A nebulizing diffuser breaks down the oil into super fine tiny drops, and then sprays them into air, to atomize and ionize the oil so you get the maximum therapeutic benefit. This diffuser should be used with thin oils that haven’t been diluted.
Heat diffusers are not ideal for the therapeutic use, because the heat will destroy the quality of the oil. Using this type of diffuser is good for making your room smell good.
Reed diffusers use reed sticks placed in the oil to soak it up and release it into the air. Reeds can hold the scent for months, but the affected area is small, and the scent is light, so they are better used for fragrance, rather than therapeutic purposes.
Candle diffusers use a small candle to heat the oil so it will evaporate and release the aroma. They are much like the ultrasonic diffuser, but do not require electricity to run.
Aromatherapy is not intended to replace professional medical care. It is intended as a complementary therapy. If you have a health condition that does not improve with the use of aromatherapy, seek care from your family doctor or another health care provider as soon as possible.
How To Diffuse Essential Oils
Here is a great YouTube video that demonstrates how to diffuse essential oils, and talks about some of the benefits:
Last Updated on