The Top 5 Kitchen Knife Sets Reviewed
Great, sharp kitchen knives are essential in not just the professional’s kitchen, but in any equip kitchen. Quality knives and sharpeners quicken the food preparation process by allowing you to cut with ease, and they are also safer to use. Dull knives require excessive force, making it easier to lose control and cause injury. Creating a clean, safe cut every time is important to any person who spends time making meals.
Buying the right sets and sharpeners can be not only expensive, but also a bit overwhelming to a person with little experience in the kitchen. With the cooking amateur in mind, we’ve completed a list of the best knives and sharpeners to appease the expert chef in all of us!
Best Kitchen Knife Sets
These hand wash only knives have rounded Japanese-style handles. Their resin composition and rust-resistant stainless blades make them heat and water-resistant, thus, maintaining a sharper edge for longer.
- These Ginsu Chikara forged knives are one piece of premium Japanese Stainless Steel from tip to tang so you can approach every recipe with the confidence that your knives will do whatever you ask.
- These Ginsu Chikara forged knives arrive razor sharp and stay sharp longer than the competition giving you a low-maintenance, high quality set of forged knives you can depend on meal after meal.
- These Ginsu Chikara forged knives are expertly balanced to give you the perfect blend of power and control you need to cook through even the trickiest recipe safely and comfortably.
- Ginsu Chikara forged knives have been named a Consumer Report "Best Buy" 5 times, and are backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- This Ginsu Chikara forged knife set includes everything you need to prepare delicous and complex meals organized in a sophisticated Bamboo Finish Block: 8-Inch Chef's Knife, Honing Road, 5-Inch Utility Knife 7-Inch Santoku Knife, 5-Inch Serrated Utility Knife, 3.5-Inch Paring Knife, Kitchen Shears.
These high carbon stainless steel knives have a harder blade that is resistant to stains and rust. The set’s taper grind edge design offers optimum sharpness, and the cushioned grip provides a non-slip texture that is comfortable and ergonomic.
- 3.25" parer, 3" peeler, 5" utility, 8 4.25" steak knives, 7.75" chef, 8" slicer, 7.75" bread, 5" partoku, 7" santoku, 8" stainless sharpening steel
- Professional high carbon stainless steel forged blades with black comfort grip poly handles
- Exclusive Taper Grind edge technology provides optimum sharpness for precise cutting and is Easy to re sharpen
- High carbon stainless steel creates a stronger, harder blade resisting stains, rust and pitting
- Care Intrustions : DO Not put knives in the dishwasher it may cause nicks on the blade edges; DO Not cut through bone with knives or use knives to poke, pry or separate frozen foods; Handle Material: metal/Rubber
This set of knives comes with a tips and guide book that is jammed back with advice. The German stainless-steel blades reportedly never dull. Their handles are slip-free and safe.
- 11 Piece set^High-quality German stainless-steel blades; never dull--no need for sharpening^Comfortable composite handles offer a safe
- slip-free grip^Also includes Tips & Guide booklet with Chef Tony recipes^Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- 11 Piece set
- High-quality German stainless-steel blades; never dull--no need for sharpening
This collection is aesthetically pleasing because it has a tempered glass block. Each piece is high-quality German steel, features no-stain blades and non-slip handles.
- Ergonomic Santoprene handle offers superior comfort and a non-slip grip, even with wet hands. Will not break down from exposure to kitchen oils and is able to withstand hot and cold temperatures
- High carbon, no-stain German X50 Cr Mo V15 cutlery steel resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration
- Precision forged construction for better strength and durability with a full tang that runs the entire length of the handle for superior balance
- Taper-ground edge allows for added stability, easy honing, long lasting sharpness, and increased efficiency when cutting and chopping
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The J.A. Henckels block set includes 18 pieces that have stainless steel blades and ergonomic handles. Their clean black and steel appearance coupled with the wooden block is a nice addition to any kitchen.
- 18 Pieces Forged Premio Knife Block; Set Includes 3 inches paring knife, 5 inches serrated utility knife, 6 inches utility knife, 7 inches santoku hollow edge, 8 inches chef's knife, 9 inches sharpening steel, 8 inches bread knife, 5 inches boning knife, kitchen shears; Stamped Steak Knives (8 Pieces) Hardwood Block
- Full tang extends the length of the knife, adding balance and strength
- Triple riveted, ergonomic handle ensures comfort and Control
- Satin finish, stainless steel blade provides precise cutting, peeling and slicing
- Metal end cap Displays the JA Henckels International logo
No matter how you slice it (pun intended) you’ll need both a knife set and a sharpener in your kitchen. Even if you purchase the finest knives on the market, they’ll need some maintenance every now and again. Since the best knives are also the sharpest, make your selections wisely!
Maintaining Your Kitchen Knives
You’ve spent a bunch of money buying the ultimate cutting tools; don’t throw them in the dishwasher. After excess exposure to heat, water and detergents your blades will wear and dull quickly. Instead, take the time to clean each piece by hand with soap and water. You’ll maintain the quality of your knives longer, as well as the sharpness of the blade.
Here is a good video demonstrating how to sharpen different kitchen knives:
Last Updated on