The Top 6 Pillows For Neck Pain Reviewed
When your spine is misaligned, the vertebrae place pressure on the nerves in your back, head, and neck. This can cause back and neck pain. It can also cause headaches with pain in the temples, face, forehead and eyes. Even worse, irritation and pressure can cause excruciating migraine headaches.
The best sleeping posture is one that keeps your spine in a straight line. This is called the neutral position. Pillows that are too high, too flat, or too low cause the spine to be out of alignment. The perfect pillow is one that keeps your spine in a neutral position and is adjustable to conform to the various sleeping positions that your body is in while you sleep.
The main purpose of a pillow is comfort and support. Have a discussion with your doctor about choices that may be right for you.
If you are still confused about which pillow is right for you, see the pillow reviews that follow.
Best Pillows For Neck Pain
Core Products makes a pillow with cervical support that is recommended by medical professionals. This pillow supports spine alignment by gently cradling the head and firmly supporting the neck. If your neck is out of alignment, it may be a bit uncomfortable at first. After repeated use, your spine will begin to align properly and the pillow will be more comfortable. It has a trapezoid-shaped center with different-sized lobes to fit people of different sizes. High-resiliency fibers spring back. In addition to adult sizes, Core products offers child and teen sizes.
- THIS PILLOW IS DESIGNED TO HELP CORRECT SPINAL POSTURE OF THE NECK. The concave center cradles the head as the cervical roll supports the neck. Helps restore the proper curvature of the spine. This product is commonly used to help treat a variety of conditions affecting the neck and shoulders.
- A VERY FIRM PILLOW: Tri-Core must be FIRM to provide therapeutic benefits. For the most aggressive correction, choose Standard Firm option. This pillow is NOT a soft comfort pillow and you may need to adjust to the pillow over several weeks.
- CHOOSE A SIZE: Most men and taller women prefer the full size pillow. Most women, petite men, and children over 10 prefer the Midsize. Most children 6-10 and petite women prefer the petite size. IMPORTANT: It may take time to adjust. The pillow is working to help restore proper posture during sleep
- YOU MAY NEED TO ADJUST to the pillow over several weeks. Immediate overuse may increase neck pain. Most users who slowly ease their way into orthopedic correction achieve the best results. Alternate between Tri-Core and current pillow while your body adjusts. The shaped center is NOT FOR SIDE SLEEPING.
- USING A CORRECTIVE PILLOW CAN EASE PAIN from tension headaches, neck injury, and arthritis. MADE IN USA. Tri-Core Standard Firm 24 x 16 inches. Nonallergenic, 100 percent virgin polyester fiber fill. Item FIB-200. Cover 50/50 cotton/polyester blend. Fits standard size pillow case.
This cervical bed pillow restores the normal neck curve to improve posture and relieve neck and back pain. This pillow relaxes you while you sleep. Blood flows better through relaxed muscles so your circulation will also improve. Proper cervical alignment opens up your air passages so you will breathe easier and be less susceptible to snoring. It’s non-allergenic, machine washable, latex-free and it fits most pillow cases.
- PILLOWS FOR SLEEPING - Sleep comfortably with proper neck curve alignment. Helps military neck and improves neck posture. Sleep on your side or back.
- PILLOWS THAT HELP SUPPORT YOUR NECK - Best neck stretcher: Lay on the traction v side on your back. Provides ergonomic support for the back sleeper.
- QUEEN STANDARD SIZE - An orthopedic pillow with 3 sizes - king ,queen and travel. Hold chiropractic adjustments extra better. ** Check the sizing chart before ordering. If you order a pillow that is too big, it will cause neck pain and soreness**
- CERVICAL NECK TRACTION PILLOW - One of the best relaxer bed pillows on amazon for your home. Cervical traction for a pinched nerve and disc issues.
You can sleep in the most natural position, either on your side or back, and wake up rested and restored with the Body Sport Neck Pillow. It has a square-shaped center that gently tractions the neck into perfect alignment. It’s a firm pillow without being hard. The fabric is soft and breathable and is made from 100% cotton. It fits all standard-sized pillow cases.
- Wake up restored after a complete night's sleep on the Body Sport Cervical Pillow.
- Allow the spine to rest in proper alignment and support.
- This cervical pillow comes with a 100% cotton cover and fits in a standard size pillowcase.
- The Body Sport Cervical Pillow measures 24 inch by 16 inch and is breathable and gentle to the touch.
- This neck pillow supports a complete night's sleep for back sleepers and side sleepers.
HengJia makes this contoured pillow with Remedy Memory foam which responds to normal body heat and pressures. It then reverts back to its original shape, so it never goes flat. This pillow eliminates back and neck pain by keeping ears, shoulders, and spine in perfect alignment. The pillow has a convenient strap that turns it into a headrest for the seat in your car. It has a removable velour cover that is machine washable for easy cleaning.
- You just need 1 minute to think if you will never again experience the excruciating pain of a stiff neck... Live your life without the embarrassment of having to turn your whole body because pain won't allow you to move your neck
- TAKE IT EVERYWHERE YOU GO - Ingenious design enables impressive versatility... Convenient strap makes it a perfect headrest in your car... air travel..or ? Don't leave home without it!... Need something soothing and soft to rest your head on? Your new friend will be there for you
- EVERLASTING DOG BONE - Designed for a lifetime of use... You can rest, and rest, and rest; and it WILL NEVER GO FLAT!.
- NECK SUPPORT SYSTEM - Eliminates neck pain by keeping ears, shoulders, and spine in perfect alignment... You can achieve living pain free WITHOUT SURGERY and PILLS ! Our favorite customers are those who have purchased a competing brand and then ours... In that first sitting moment... the realization of quality that had been missing before is now there.... soothing, molding, and caressing itself to your unique body shape.
- EASY CLEANING - Removable velour cover is machine washable and allows for easy cleaning.
Coop makes this memory foam pillow that is guaranteed for five years not to go flat. The pillow custom molds to your head and neck during all sleep positions. It is filled with shredded visco elastic memory foam to support proper back and neck alignment. It offers the benefit of lulling you into a deeper sleep. Allergy sufferers will like this hypoallergenic pillow that is also dust-mite resistant.
- FINALLY, THE PERFECT PILLOW - Meet the world’s best adjustable pillow, created with our medium firm mix of memory foam and microfiber. It provides just the right balance between support and comfort for the most restful sleep you’ll ever experience.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE, YOU ARE IN CONTROL - Our unique adjustable design allows you to access the memory foam fill, which you can add or remove to suit your size, shape, and sleep position. Sleep comfortably and aligned at last.
- LUXURY FABRICS FOR A LUXURY EXPERIENCE - The case is made with Lulltra fabric, a blend of bamboo-derived viscose rayon and polyester that provides breathability and softness. Hypoallergenic & dust mite resistant, you can finally wake up refreshed.
- SAFE FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES - Made in the USA. Our pillows undergo strict, third-party lab testing and are CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certified to ensure safety and quality. No toxic chemicals here!
- YOUR BEST SLEEP EVER, GUARANTEED - If you don’t fall in love within 100 nights (although we’re sure you will), contact us directly to return the pillow for a full refund, no questions asked. Each pillow also comes with a 5-year warranty.
Sleep Innovations offers this contoured memory foam pillow that allows neck and shoulder muscles to fully relax. Your head and neck will relax naturally into the pillow and gently align your spine. This pillow is uniquely designed with a high and low loft so that you can select your own level of comfort. It has a machine washable, removable cover that is ideal for king and queen-sized beds. It comes with a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty.
- BED PILLOW: This pillow for neck and shoulder pain provides therapeutic support so you wake up feeling refreshed, recharged and ready to take on the day.
- MEMORY FOAM: The therapeutic design of this contour memory foam pillow adapts to your head, neck and shoulders to provide the enhanced support and gentle alignment you need. Memory foam is naturally sensitive to temperature changes
- COMFORT & SUPPORT: Choose between the higher and lower contours for the support that feels best. The contour pillow design helps reduce pain and stiffness - a great back and side sleeper pillow.
- MADE IN THE USA: The foam for our bed pillows is proudly made in the USA and comes with a 5 year warranty.
In addition to pillows that support your head, your spine may get support from knee pillows, body pillows, and travel pillows. If you are a back sleeper, place a pillow under your knees to flatten your back. A body pillow cradles your knees and upper body, keeping your spine in a neutral position. U-shaped travel pillows keep your neck in alignment if you need to sleep during traveling.
Choosing the best pillow for your body is more trial and error than anything. There is no one pillow that is right for everyone. The best rule of thumb is that if it feels right, it is probably the best pillow for you.
Bed Pillow Comfort vs. Cost
Comfort and personal preference rule supreme when trying to decide on the best bed pillow when don’t have any unusual problems with headaches, neck or back pain. You may have a personal preference for the type of fill, the thread count or the degree of fluff. There’s no wrong choice unless the pillow that you choose makes you uncomfortable.
Common pillow fillers are down feathers, synthetic or polyester fibers, and foam. If comfort is more important to you than cost, you might consider a natural goose-down feather pillow. Most people think down pillows are very comfortable and they last a long time. Synthetic/polyester fiber pillows feel like down. Many of them are hypoallergenic and machine washable. Synthetic pillows retain heat, so take that into consideration if you get warm while sleeping.
Pillows with a high thread count are more luxurious under your head. You can expect to pay more as the thread count goes up. You may find a happy medium of cost and value with a 300 thread-count pillow.
Fluffy pillows cushion your head, but they can become flat over time. Fold the pillow in half to see if it unfolds on its own. If it doesn’t re-fluff on its own, it’s time to replace it.
Best Type Of Pillow For Neck Pain
Here is a good video of doctors talking about which type of pillow is best for people with neck pain:
Last Updated on