The Top Vacuums For Stairs Reviewed
The vacuum cleaner is one of the most useful tools ever invented. Rather than spending hours clearing away dirt and debris from your floor the vacuum makes it possible to do such work in a matter of minutes.
Advances in vacuum technology have led to the production a variety of devices customized to suit your particular cleaning needs. Costs, however, have also gone up. And while a good vacuum cleaner is a sound investment—in that it will save you time and effort—you should take care in selecting the one that’s right for you.
Fortunately, we have done much of the work for you. Here is a list of some of the best vacuums currently on the market.
Before getting to the rankings, it is important to note that not all vacuum cleaners are made for the same purpose. If you have hardwood floors, you should not buy a machine that is advertised as being good for the cleaning of carpets. Hardwood floors have cracks and crevices into which dust and dirt fall. It is important to have a device that can suck up such particulate without damaging the clean, smooth, surface of the floor.
If you have a pet, you will need a vacuum cleaner that can remove the hair that they shed all over the house. The job is especially difficult for those who have carpets and rugs. Some pet hair will stubbornly cling to these surfaces, so you must ensure the vacuum you buy has enough power to disentangle your pet’s hair from them.
Vacuuming stairs is always a challenge—especially in a large house. Trying to use a large, cumbersome vacuum cleaner on stairs is of course futile. But there is also the difficulty of reaching the corners and other angles on the steps. You want to ensure the vacuum you buy is compact and flexible enough for you to be effective.
Best Vacuums For Stairs
The sleek and elegant design of this vacuum cleaner makes it easy to hold, use, and store. It is powered by a lithium-ion battery which frees you from the hassle of cords.
- FADE FREE LITHIUM ION BATTERY: Interchangeable batteries provide cordless freedom to clean anywhere
- EXTREME RECLINE HANDLE: Reach further without having to move any furniture around
- EDGE CLEANING BRISTLES: Removes dirt, dust, and pet hair against those hard to reach edges
- WINDTUNNEL TECHNOLOGY: Creates channels of suction to life and remove surface debris and deep embedded dirt
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At under 10 pounds this vacuum is portable enough to carry room-to-room for quick cleaning.
This lightweight vacuum contains an innovative brush design. The Turbobrush can be used on stairs, furniture, upholstery, and other surfaces. It also includes an easy-to-empty dirt tank and a washable foam filter tank.
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum with powerful suction and innovative brush design that cleans more on the initial pass
- Innovative brush design rotates down into the carpet to clean more on the initial pass
- Cyclonic System for long lasting, powerful suction. Bag Type : Bagless
- TurboBrush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more
- Easy Empty dirt tank, Multi Level Filtration, and washable foam tank filter. Note: Please refer user manual attached below for item installation and troubleshooting steps. Hose Length: 6 inch. Brush System: Rotating Clear Window
The Oreck has 12 inch wide cleaning head covers and clear, non-marring bumpers. For those who need to vacuum both hardwood floors and carpeted floors it contains a MicroSweep which allows you to go from one to the other no adjustments.
- Upright vacuum cleaner with 12-inch-wide cleaning path is better suited for cleaning low pile carpets than typical canister vacuum cleaners and takes up less space for storage
- Helping Hand handle has received Ease-of-Use Commendation from Arthritis Foundation; on/off switch is located in handgrip for convenience
- Automatic floor adjustment enables the vacuum cleaner to move between carpets and hard surfaces without changes to manual settings
- Powerful, high-speed, balanced brush roll with double helix brushes whirls at 6,500 RPM and move debris toward the vacuum inlet for cleaning
- Measures 6 x 13 x 35 inches (H x W x D); weighs 8.2 pounds
The Hoover is compact and lightweight. Its wind tunnel technology makes for consistent and powerful suction. It also includes extension wand, crevice tool, dusting brush, and powered hand tool.
- WINDTUNNEL TECHNOLOGY: Creates suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- HEPA MEDIA FILTER: Traps 99.7 percent of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns
- ROOM TO ROOM CLEANING: 5 Height adjustments to go from deep carpet to hard floors and 25 foot retractable cord
- NO SCUFF BUMPER: Protects your furniture as you clean along edges of underneath
- WHATS INCLUDED: Extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool
If you are looking for something easy to use and manage, then this Eureka hand-held vacuum might just be the thing for you. It weighs five pounds and has a 20-foot cord that is easily wrapped and stored. It can be used to clean stairs, cars, and upholstery.
- Portable, lightweight handheld vacuum for home, car or garage; weighs less than 5 pounds
- Motorized brush with on/off switch for thorough cleaning of carpets, Integrated filter with easy to empty dust canister.Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 20.00 x 12.00 x 10.00 Inches
- 20-foot cord gives extended reach to clean an entire room, set of stairs or a vehicle in the driveway
- Features two motors, one for the brush and one for suction, to ensure a thorough clean
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty and Money-Back Guarantee
The Shark has swivel steering which makes it easy to maneuver—a valuable feature for those with houses that are extensively furnished. It also has anti-allergen seal technology.
- Dust cup capacity - 2.2 quarts. Lift-Away. Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter. Traps 99. 9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Powerful and lightweight. Portable and versatile at 13. 7 pounds.
- Brush roll Shutoff. Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning.
- Hard floor hero attachment not included.
This is a very large and very well-equipped vacuum cleaner. Among its many tools are a floor brush, a dusting and upholstery brush, a crevice tool, and a pet turbine mini-brush.
- Lightweight upright 12 amp motor system, -inchbag-inch system
- Automatic edge cleaning and carpet height adjustment
- 14-inch nozzle cleaing path, tools on-board for quick cleaning for a 10-feet attachment reach
- Headlight, 25-feet Cord with Quick Cord Release
- Measures 12-1/2-inch (l) by 14-inch w by 42-inch (h), leaf green finish, 14-pound
The specific conditions of your home and circumstances of your life are the most important things to consider when purchasing a vacuum cleaner. It is not a device that you buy very often, so you should do your utmost to ensure that the one you select meets your every need and expectation.
How To Vacuum Clean Stairs
Last Updated on