Tips for Boarding Pets Over the Holidays
Pet Boarding Checklist
- 1) The facility should meet all licensing requirements.
- 2) Pet owners (customers) should be allowed to visit and view the facilities.
- 3) Premises should be clean and tidy
- Should be able to answer questions about the pet boarding facility, including the type of veterinary care provided.
- Should be able to answer questions about how pets are housed and managed.
- Should be knowledgeable about the pets and their care.
- Should ask about your pet’s vaccinations.
- They should be able to explain the need for the vaccinations.
Check the Behaviour/Condition of the Pets at the Pet Boarding Facility
- Pets look in good condition.
- Pets look well-managed.
- Pets look comfortable and rested.
Pet Boarding Checking-In Procedure
- The staff should be able to handle your pet confidently and correctly.
- The staff should check that your pet has up-to-date vaccinations.
- The staff should acknowledge on a form that they have received your pet in good condition. The name of the facility should be on the form and the form should be signed.
- The staff should write down your instructions about any special care that your pet may need
Choosing a specialized boarding facility for your dog?
Pet retreats are available to offer special care and pampering for your pet featuring activities like pizza parties, swimming, trips to the farm and many more activities.
Some even house the animals in different “house” based on size and weight and offer private accommodations for an extra fee if you per doesn’t mix well with other dogs or needs special care. All of this comes with a higher cost than regular boarding and may or may not be the best choice for your pet.
For most pets, a brief stay at either a regular weel maintained boarding facility or a pet hotel is not traumatic and they do well. If your dog suffers from separation anxiety or has difficulty getting along with other dogs you might want to ask your vet for a mild sedative to help make their time away from home less of a problem.
Facebook Commentshttps://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/boarding-pets/https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/puppy4.jpghttps://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/puppy4-150x150.jpgPetsPetsPet Boarding Checklist 1) The facility should meet all licensing requirements. 2) Pet owners (customers) should be allowed to visit and view the facilities. 3) Premises should be clean and tidy The Staff Should be able to answer questions about the pet boarding facility, including the type of veterinary care...Families Online MagazineFamilies Online Magazine Staff Writer[email protected]AdministratorFamilies Online Magazine
Our experts provide warm, loving, and generous advice for parents, your family and children, no matter their age -- infants, school age, 'tweens, and teenagers. Features include:Parenting, Ages and Stages of Child Development, Child Support, Cooking, Health, Children's Books, Nutrition, Christian Parenting, Relationships, Green-living, Education and School
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- 50 Winter Boredom Busters! - November 26, 2017
- 3 Holiday Appetizers You Can Prep Before the Party - November 26, 2017
- Teen Books for Christmas 2017 - November 26, 2017