White Chocolate Buche de Noel: Yummy Dessert for Christmas
By Marilyn Morris –
There’s no question that Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. And this calls for celebrations, gastronomic adventures and more time with family. Now that Christmas is just a few days away, you must be thinking what recipe to prepare. Planning for your menu for the holidays could be pretty mind-boggling. But don’t worry. It need not be. Read on and find out some mouthwatering recipes that you should try serving every one. It’s gonna be a very, merry Christmas, after all.
The White Chocolate Buche de Noel is known for its signature yellow sponge cake. But what makes it even tastier is the white choco on which it is rolled over and the stuffed cherry that really offers a sweet delight.
For the sponge cake, here are the ingredients:
· 1/2 cup milk
· 2-3 tbsp butter (unsalted)
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 1 cup cake flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 3-5 large eggs
· 3-5 large egg yolks
· 1 cup sugar
1. Preheat stove at 350 degrees. Make sure that your baking pan is sprayed by coating before layering baking sheet on it. Spray once more.
2. Mix milk and butter together. Set the stove to medium heat and wait until the mixture smoothens. Stir occasionally and wait until butter is melted. Add vanilla extract. Set aside and let the mixture cool down.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
3. For the batter, you need to mix eggs, yolks and sugar. Whip until the mixture turns fluffy. Add the sifted ingredients onto the mixture. Divide this into three smaller batches. Fold the batter after each sift ingredients are added.
4. Gently sprinkle the mixture onto the batter. Fold afterwards. Don’t hasten in pouring the liquid or else it will sink rather than getting absorbed by the batter. If this happens, your cake will have that rubbery feel. Transfer the batter to a jellyroll pan. It’s best to use an offset spatula to make sure the spread doesn’t get uneven.
5. Bake the batter for 12 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
For the whipped white chocolate ganache filling and frosting, your ingredients are the following:
· one pound of white choco (chopped well)
· 2 cups of heavy cream
War the heavy cream over medium heat. In a large bowl, transfer the finely chopped chocolate then pour onto the cream. Stir smoothly for up to three minutes or until the mixture smoothens. Set aside to cool. Cover then keep in the refrigerator for up to six hours.
Here’s the recipe for the cherry stuff:
· sour pitted cherries (as many as you want)
· 5 tbsp of cherry syrup,
· 3-5 tbsp sugar
· 2-3 tbsp kirschwasser liqueur.
Drain the cherries but make sure to save 3-5 tbsp of the syrup. Sweeten the syrup with sugar while heating over stove. Bring to boil then add kirschwater. Set aside for a while, then pour over cherries.
After you’ve prepared the cake, white choco and cherry filling, unroll the cake then gently spread the white chocolate buttercream followed by the cherry stuff. Roll it once again then cut off both ends diagonally.
Latest posts by Manilyn Moreno (see all)
- White Chocolate Buche de Noel: Yummy Dessert for Christmas - November 21, 2018
- Steak & Pasta for National Pasta Day – October 17 - October 16, 2017