How to Make an Easter Bunny Cake – Activities for Kids
How To Make an Easter Bunny Cake
Activities for Kids
Here’s what you will need to make it:
- 1 box of cake mix (most cake mixes have their own recipes, so check for those ingredients too)
- 1 can of cake frosting
- 1 tube of color gel frosting
- some M&M’s
- black licorice strings
- two 8″ round baking pans
- cake platter or cookie sheet
- cooling racks
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start. Follow the instructions for preparation and baking that are on the cake mix box.
2. To make a bunny cake, you’ll need a store-bought cake mix to make two 8″ round cake layers, or use homemade ones. Get whatever flavor you like.
3. First, make the cake batter according to the directions on the box. A typical one needs 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and 1 1/3 cups of water.
4. Make sure you ask an adult for permission and help before you use the oven.
5. Then, bake the batter in two, greased, 8″ baking pans. (Follow the directions on the cake mix box.)
6. Allow the cakes to cool completely on a rack (about two to three hours).
7. One cake will be the face of the bunny, while the other cake will be the bow tie and the ears. Leave one whole, and with the other, cut the ears and bow tie.
8. Cut a curved scoop from one side, and one from the other, as if you were cutting the North Pole and South Pole away from a map of the Earth.
9. Those two scoops will be the ears. The shape left in the middle will be the bow tie.
10. Then you assemble the cake on a tray.
11. Now, you frost the entire cake. Cover the whole thing… Don’t forget the sides.
12. Then, with a tube of decorating frosting, draw an outline of the ears and bow tie.
13. Use jelly beans for eyes, gumdrops for the nose, and string licorice to make whiskers on the face, and the candy for polka dots on the tie.
14. Then, once you have the eyes and whiskers in place, use the tube of decorating frosting to draw in a mouth.
Easter time is near! Hippity Hop the Easter Bunny brings joy and fun crafts for girls and boys! Happy Easter to you and your family from Families Online Magazine.
Latest posts by Sue Miller (see all)
- Kids Make a Bird Feeder with a Pinecone, Peanut Butter and Bird Seed - December 26, 2018
- Ready for Halloween? Check out these Halloween songs and funny Tombstone sayings. - October 27, 2018
- Halloween Jokes– Skeleton Jokes and Vampire Jokes - October 27, 2018