Carpet Stain Removal Tips
Finally Some Carpet Stain Removal Tips that Work!
- Gum: The most crucial ingredient when removing gum from carpets is patience. Scrape away as much of the gum as possible, using a dull object like a spoon, and apply a dry-cleaning solvent such as Goof Off. After allowing time for the solvent to soften the gym, use a white cotton cloth to pull or wipe away the gum from the carpet and repeat this process until the gum is completely removed.
- Ketchup: If there are large amounts of ketchup (whether fresh or dried-on), remove it by scraping lightly with a spoon, and use a white cotton towel to blot any residual ketchup. Next, mix a solution of one teaspoon dishwashing detergent and one cup of water, and apply the mixture to the stained area. Starting at the outer edge and working inward, work the solution into the stain and rinse by dabbing with water. If the stain remains, you can attempt to remove it with a three percent hydrogen peroxide solution, but be sure to first test it in an inconspicuous part of the carpet to ensure it’s safe to use.
- Nail Polish: Whatever you do, don’t rub the stain, as rubbing will not only cause the stain to be driven further into the carpet, but it could also cause damage to the carpet’s fibers. Wipe or blot the stain from the outside in using a non-acetone nail polish. If the stain remains, you’ll need to call a cleaning professional.
- Lipstick: Start by removing any excess lipstick by lightly scraping it with a dull object. Then, working from the outer edges of the stain and moving toward the center, apply a dry solvent to the stain, blotting with a white cotton towel. This may take multiple attempts but the dry solvent should do the trick. Once the stain is removed, rinse by dabbing the area with a dampened cloth and blot with a dry cloth to remove as much moisture as possible. To speed up the drying process, you can use an electric fan.
- Crayon: First, as with most of the previously mentioned stains, scrape away residual crayon with a dull object, and then cover the remaining crayon mark with a white paper towel. Next, heat the area with a blow dryer, which should melt the crayon and help it absorb into the paper towel.
Source: Rainbow International
https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/carpet-stain-removal-tips/https://imgsub.familiesonlinemagazine.com/uploads/2011/02/boy-playing-toys.jpghttps://imgsub.familiesonlinemagazine.com/uploads/2011/02/boy-playing-toys-150x150.jpgHome & GardenHome DecoratingFinally Some Carpet Stain Removal Tips that Work!Gum: The most crucial ingredient when removing gum from carpets is patience. Scrape away as much of the gum as possible, using a dull object like a spoon, and apply a dry-cleaning solvent such as Goof Off. After allowing time for the...Mary FormanMary Forman[email protected]AuthorMary is an educator and a parent of three children. She is the author of 7 children's books, loves arts and crafts and teaches parenting classes at Washington Community College.Families Online Magazine
Mary is an educator and a parent of three children. She is the author of 7 children's books, loves arts and crafts and teaches parenting classes at Washington Community College.