Celebrating Father’s Day Without Dad
Father’s Day without Day is not as uncommon as it should be.
Consider these facts:
- Nationwide 24 million children (34 percent) live without involvement from their biological father [National Fatherhood Initiative].
- 40 percent of children in father-absent homes have not seen their father at all during the past year. [National Fatherhood Initiative]
- — 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes. [National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools]
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes. [U. S. D.H.H.S. Bureau of the Census]
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [U.S. D.H.H.S. Bureau of the Census]
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes. [Center for Disease Control]
It is becoming very clear that our society needs to step up efforts to address this huge problem of absent fathers,” said Sonny Baird, Founder of ForeverDad.
For tips about How to handle Father’s Day with out dad- divorced, step- dad or passed away see Non- Traditional Father’s Day
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Recalled 500,000 Wind Up Musical Plush Toys - October 20, 2017
- Does Your 8 year-old Have Their Own Tablet or Do They Share with You? - October 19, 2017
- Target Recalls Room Essentials Leather Pouf Ottoman - October 18, 2017