Top 10 Christmas Gifts for Those who Love to Cook
The kitchen’s at the heart of every home, so where better to brighten the holidays with a perfect little gift?
The right kitchen Christmas gifts can take care of just about everyone on your list. Get started with these ten must-haves, all of which are under $20. They also make lovely stocking-stuffers, and at these prices, you may be tempted to treat yourself to a little gift too.
1. If someone on your list considers the bread basket the best part of a meal, get a butter bell to go with those crusty loaves and dinner rolls. Butter bells ingeniously keep real butter fresh and soft without refrigeration. The technology is old-fashioned, but these sweetly stylish crocks look equally at home in a sleek stainless steel kitchen.
2. Salt pigs don’t get their name from looking like the farmyard animal, but they’re adorable when they do. Named for an archaic word for “pot,” salt pigs have a wide mouth for easy access and a domed cover to keep dust from falling into the salt. Pick up a pig for anyone who loves kitsch or lives for salty flavors.
3. Professional chefs know the joys of an immersion blender, and so should everyone on your list. Nothing makes a sauce more velvety or blends a better smoothie.
4. Surprise the Star Wars fan in your life with cookie cutters shaped like Rebel Alliance or Imperial ships. With news that Disney will be adding to the story with another three movies, everything Star Wars is hot this Christmas.
5. A sweet or stylish book stand that suits a kitchen’s decor is as pretty as it is practical. From novice cooks to accomplished home chefs, everyone refers to a cookbook occasionally. A sturdy stand keeps the pages open and easily visible.
6. Great seasonings make the difference between a good dinner and a spectacular one. Add that special something with a mini herb garden tailored to your recipient’s tastes. Basil and oregano would be perfect for a pizza lover, and fresh chives will make a potato fan happy.
7. Aprons are perfect for kitchen fashionistas who want to whip up something incredible and look utterly effortless doing it. Make the gift even more special by filling the apron’s pockets with wooden utensils or a fun cookbook.
8. Cooking goes high tech when you give a digital thermometer to your favorite chef. This is one of those rare kitchen gadgets that few people buy for themselves yet use regularly. Make marvellous roasts and poultry by getting it done perfectly every time with a thermometer that’s as easy to read as it is fun to use.
9. A witty salt and pepper shaker set is always fun, especially when it’s practical, too. Combined grinders and shakers have a small footprint but add big style to a kitchen. They’re ideal for anyone who lives in a small space or who likes an uncluttered look. The Guinness set featured here is perfect for a bachelor or bachelorette who enjoys a pint or a party.
10. For the baker on your list, shop for fun, festive and flexible silicone bakeware such as these muffin pans. In a variety of sizes, shapes and colors, they’re great for customised baking jobs. Bake one cupcake, a pair or a whole dozen of them with equal ease with a set or two of individual silicone forms.
Latest posts by Helene Rodriques (see all)
- Best Thanksgiving Recipes for Special Diets – Vegan, Gluten-free, Vegetarian and Lactose-Free - October 27, 2018
- Celebrating a “Green” Thanksgiving - October 26, 2018
- Great Dessert Recipes for Thanksgiving - October 25, 2018