Christmas Crafts: Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments
MAKE FRAGRANT CINNAMON ORNAMENTS
by Jaki Ryan
You will need:
1/3 cup ground cinnamon
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tablespoon tacky glue
Optional: puff paints
- Mix ingredients together.
- Knead dough in hands for several minutes until a ball is formed.
- Dust work space lightly with additional cinnamon. Roll dough 1/8″-1/4″ thick with a rolling pin. Cut dough into a variety of shapes using cookie cutters.
- Suggestions: gingerbread men, hearts, stars, Christmas trees, bells, wreaths, etc.
- Poke hole through top of dough using a straw or toothpick for hanging later.
- Air dry for several days, turning twice a day until completely dry. They can also be baked in a 225 degree oven until dry.
- Decorate with paint if desired and allow. Allow to dry before hanging.
- Hang from fancy ribbon or cording.