Cures for Kid Summer Boredom — Oh YEA and Learning too!
Even if the kids aren’t bored with the summer yet, these activities will help keep your kids learning all summer long and scare away that dreaded summer brain drain. Her are some suggestions from Kids.gov.
- Games: You won’t mind your kids spending time playing games online when they’re learning about math, science, history, and more. In the this Games section, they can enjoy adventures like solving secret codes from the National Security Agency, working on word puzzles about the Earth from NASA, and experiencing the challenges of being a Peace Corps volunteer.
- Art: Give your kids some artistic inspiration from coloring pages to a special collection of interactive painting and collage making from the National Gallery of Art’s NGAkids Art Zone.
- Videos: Videos section has a lot of new things for your kids to watch. They can learn about the mysteries of tornadoes with a storm chaser or find out how to handle bullies from StopBullying.gov. In the series of cool career videos produced by Kids.gov, they can learn about archaeology, meet a White House Chef, and see how money is made.
- Outdoor activities: When your kids are ready for a break from the computer, go with them. The Exercise, Fitness and Nutrition section is full of ideas to keep your family in shape. LetsMove.gov gives suggestions for working activity into your kid’s daily routine. And check out EveryKidinaPark.gov’s collection of family-friendly ideas for exploring America’s beaches, mountains, cities, and everything in between.
- Healthy recipes: Teach your kids healthy habits from a young age. By making healthy snacks, like frozen fruit cups, your kids learn more cooking and their nutritional needs.
Summer break may mean school is out, but that doesn’t mean your child can’t continue learning and discovering new things. If you’re looking for ways to keep your kids engaged this summer, Kids.gov has a variety of resources all in one safe spot:
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Visiting Dublin with Kids – Things To Do and See - March 20, 2018
- Dr. Brown’s Lovey Pacifier & Teether Holders Recalled - March 18, 2018
- Hot Cross Buns for Good Friday – Easter Recipes - March 18, 2018