Dad Knows it’s Time to Throw His Favorite Sweater Away, Whenâ€¦
By Cheryl Moeller
1. It says, “I like Ike,Vote for Ike in ’52”
2. Only Carbon 14 dating can tell you exactly how old it is.
3. The man with the Salvation Army kettle sees you in “that” sweater and offers you his change.
4. The Smithsonian offers to buy it for display in their Jamestown Settlement wing.
5. You wore it to your child’s first birthday party and to their recent retirement party in May.
6. It says, “Hello Dolly” in big letters referring to the wife of James Madison and the War of
7. Wearing “that” sweater sets off alarms in the Museum of Natural History (right next to the T-Rex).
8. It’s made of 100% genuine Scottish wool the same worn by William Wallace in the movie, “Braveheart.”
9. The lettering on the front is eerily similar to that found in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
10. The fuzz balls all over it are the the same size as matzo balls in chicken soup — and just as tasty
So who is so funny that she is causing laughter in audiences everywhere?
Cheryl Moeller cranks up the spin cycle on her washing machine and life to help parents cope with too much laundry, raising preschoolers (on 12 hours of sleep per year), surviving teenagers, pleasing relatives, understanding spouses, and the 1,000 other challenges. She uses her over-the-counter humor to make parents laugh until it feels better.
Cheryl is a sister, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a niece, an aunt, a granddaughter, a friend, a volunteer... well you get the idea. Let.s just say she.s a lot like you and has decided the best way for us all to cope is to laugh (don't try to inhale at the same time, it only makes matters worse).
Cheryl is a wiife to Robert for 28 years. Mother to Duke, Missy, Pooka, Skippy, Megs and Kenzie. One dog - Katie. One fish - Skyler. Two gerbils - Hannah and Lily. Cheryl cranks up the spin cycle on her dryer and life to help parents cope with too much laundry, raising preschoolers (on 12 hours of sleep per year), surviving teenagers, pleasing relatives, understanding spouses, and the thousand other challenges. Read more of Cheryl's humor at www.momlaughs.blogspot.com
Latest posts by Cheryl Moeller (see all)
- Mr. Acorn Man – Fall Poem and Acorn Crafts - September 1, 2017
- Humor: Fifteen Things You’ll Find at the Bottom of Mom’s Diaper Bag - August 1, 2017
- Humor: Nine Things Not to Say in a Graduation Card - April 22, 2017