Up-to-Date Crowsourced Maps Areas Flooded by Hurricane Harvey
- #HARVEYrelief to create relief and rescue (SOS) maps.
- U-Flood to provide life saving information for the Houston, Galveston, I-45 and other impacted areas.
- Catholic Charities on disaster operations in the Houston area.
Area with Hazardous Materials in Water
Mapbox has published a new map to give Houston officials and residents the most up-to-date information on the areas with the highest risk of hazardous materials in flood waters. The most up-to-date map can be found here.
Satellite Images and Crowdsourcing
Using the most recent satellite images from DigitalGlobe paired with points of interest for superfund sites, refineries and other EPA toxic hazards in the greater Houston area, Mapbox created the map to highlight the areas of highest concern to help Houston police, other first responders and city officials plan foShowingr and mitigate issues associated with chemical plants, refineries and potential toxic contamination in flood waters.
In the catastrophic aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, maps and data are critical to the response.
Geographic data about the infrastructure and people in the region allows responders to identify the most vulnerable areas and respond accordingly.
In addition to creating the hazard map, Mapbox has been working closely with several relief organizations to provide technical support during the course of Hurricane Harvey response efforts, including:
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Best Snacks for Your Memorial Day Road Trip - May 22, 2018
- $28,000 Annual Healthcare Costsfor American Families - May 22, 2018
- What Parents Can do to Keep Graduation Parties Fun and Safe - May 22, 2018