Sweet Ways to Decorate the Home for Valentine’s Day
By Alyssa Davis –
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. Thankfully, decorating your home for the holiday does not have to be an arduous task. Instead of getting overwhelmed with decorating ideas, try the 14 sweet ideas below to add a little touch of love in every room in your house.
– 1.Create paper chains using red, pink, and white paper to hang over doorways and around window frames. Children can even help make the chains for quicker decorating. –
– 2. Use erasable glass crayons and draw small red hearts on all of the mirrors in your home.Everywhere from the entryway to the guest bathroom is perfect for a heartfelt touch.
3. Covered bowls of conversation hearts scared around the house are great reminders of the season of love. Be sure to put some in the guest room if you have friends or family from out of town coming to stay.
4. Red or pink candles in your fireplace mantel candleholders can make a big difference without a lot of effort. The colors are quickly associated with Valentine’s Day and can give your room a festive flair.
5. Spice up your reed diffusers or air fresheners by replacing the everyday ones with ones with a cinnamon or rose scent.
6. Add a bouquet of fresh or artificial roses to your coffee table, dining room hutch, or on your bedside table for instance romance.
7. Replace the everyday hand towels in the bathrooms with red or pink ones. If you have Valentine’s Day themed ones, you can also use those instead.
8. Roll up the plain welcome mat at the front door and replace it with one covered in hearts instead. Your guests will immediately feel loved when they enter your house.
9 .Put away the everyday tablecloth and linens and replace them with something more festive. A simple palette of white and red or white and pink can add that festive touch you are looking for.
10. Toss new slipcovers on your sofa pillows and turn them into Valentine’s Day decor. Silky fabrics create a more luxurious, romantic setting, while fun prints add a bit of whimsy and fun to your winter holiday decor.
11. Hang a wreath of roses or a heart-shaped metal hanging on the front door for an instant Valentine’s Day decoration. Be sure that whatever you hang outside is waterproof so that it will be able to be stored and used again next year.
12. Plain pot holders and dish towels can be tucked away until Valentine’s Day is over, because the easiest way to introduce decor in the kitchen is through the accessories. Heart-shaped salt and pepper shakers are also a fun and whimsical way to add a touch of love to the room’s decor.
13. Leave love notes around the house for your family to find. Put a note on the guest bed with a piece of chocolate telling your visitors how much they mean to you.
14. Keep dishes of wrapped, heart-shaped chocolates in a bowl on as many tables and ledges as you can find for an instant bit of Valentine’s Day sweetness.
Have fun decorating your home for Valentine’s Day this year. With the ideas above your house will look and feel festive in no time. The best part is that the decorations will be just as easy to take down and put away.
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Three Resolutions In One Chicken Salad Sandwich - January 3, 2018
- Introducing Your New Baby to Your Pet – Babies-Toddler - January 2, 2018
- Sweet Ways to Decorate the Home for Valentine’s Day - January 2, 2018