Disneyland is Spooky Everywhere this Halloween
For the first time, Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort is taking over Buena Vista Street and Cars Land, and Guardians of the Galaxy will transform into Monsters After Dark
A Welcome from Oogie Boogie
Halloween excitement begins as guests first enter Disney California Adventure. An oversized, shadowy silhouette of Oogie Boogie, the villainous boogeyman from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” ominously leers over guests passing through the main entrance.
In a spooky but fun moment, Oogie appears to unleash a swarm of bats which sound as if they fly down Buena Vista Street towards Hollywood Land, Cars Land and beyond. Guests will even see the bats circling the tower of the Carthay Circle Theatre.
Cars Land Haul-O-Ween
Scary the “Scare-car” greets guests at the entrance of Route 66 for a special photo opportunity.
- Fillmore will show off his Jack-Oil-Lanterns and ghostly folk art,
- Sarge displaying his “pump-kins,”
- Spider-Car spinning webs all over the outside of Flo’s V8 Café,
- the town of Radiator Springs will indeed be transformed into Radiator Screams!
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree.
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween,
Expect to hear some creepy, new songs and fun haunted twists on other hits, including “Monster Truck Smash” and “Welcome to Radiator Screams” as guests whirl around the graveyard.
It’s hair-raising fun … for a limited time!
Cars Characters Go Scary
Also, for the first time, the Cars characters will be donning their Halloween “car-stumes” as they greet guests and prepare to go “trunk-or-treating.”
- Mater will be wearing his vampire or “van-pire” outfit,
- Lightning McQueen is dressed as a super hero.
- Cruz Ramirez get dressed up as a pirate,
- Red the Fire Truck costume is a clown
- DJ becomes punk rocker
Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark
Each evening the attraction transforms from Mission: BREAKOUT! to Monsters After Dark. The Collector’s Fortress goes dark, alarms sound and all-new lighting on the exterior of the Fortress alerts guests that something inside has gone awry.
As guests enter the Lobby of the Fortress, they will be startled by flashing alarms and creepy sounds – warning signs that creatures have escaped their vitrines (glass cages) and all kinds of chaos is erupting. The Collector’s ever-resourceful assistant, Apheta, tries to keep calm by reassuring guests that all is in order, and this is just a momentary setback.
Scary Music and Songs
In keeping with the dark humor of the experience, an all-new 1970s-style punk rock song, “Monsters After Dark,” enhances the thrill of the experience. The song was written especially for this attraction by Tyler Bates, composer for the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films.
Buena Vista Street Halloween Décor
See a new 10-foot-tall statue of the Headless Horseman himself, holding up his jack-o’-lantern head to the sky. New, themed background music further creates the appropriately eerie, but still fun, mood.
Mickey and his friends also will be in Halloween costumes, such as a bat for Mickey Mouse, a ghost for Goofy and a witch for Daisy Duck – all in playful fun, of course.
Frighteningly Refreshing Food and Beverages
Throughout the park, Halloween-themed food and beverage offerings will include:
- Bat Wing Raspberry Sundae (Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream) – white chocolate-raspberry swirl ice cream with raspberry splatter, blood-red sprinkles, whipped cream and bat wing cookie;
- Spider Silk Ice Cream Sandwich (Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream) – a black macaron with charcoal-tart cherry spun ice cream topped with popping candy and drops of raspberry sauce;
- Sleepy Hollow Cupcake (Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe) – red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting, raspberry drizzle and Headless Horseman chocolate decoration;
- Green Apple Spell Lemonade (Smokejumpers Grill) – lemonade, green apple syrup and cherry drops;
- Monstermallow Donut (Schmoozies) – flaky, croissant donut in the shape of Mike Wazowski from “Monster, Inc.,” filled with marshmallow cream;
- “Ghost”-ly Pepper Nachos (Cove Bar) – ghost pepper-marinated flank steak with green tortilla chips, topped with ghost pepper cheese sauce, black beans and avocado-tomatillo salsa;
- Pumpkin Raisin Bread Pudding and Anchor Blood Orange Blondie (Pacific Wharf Café);
- Slow Burnin’ Mac & Cheese Cone (Cozy Cone Motel) – fresh-cooked pasta with spicy red pepper cheese sauce, served in a Black Cauldron Cone and topped with crushed chile-cheese puffs;
- Car-achnid Pot Pie (Flo’s V8 Café) – chicken pot pie with dried cranberries and butter-crust spider; and
- Purple, green and orange-colored Churros, Mickey Bat Cookies and Candy Corn Cotton Candy(locations throughout the park).
Mickey’s Halloween Pre-Party Mix-In
Disney California Adventure also will be featured for the first time as part of the pre-party mix-in for Mickey’s Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event that features special entertainment.
Disney characters in their Halloween attire, and trick or treating at locations throughout Disneyland. This year, a ticket to Mickey’s Halloween Party has even greater value as guests will be able to visit Disney California Adventure as well as Disneyland during the three hours prior to the beginning of the party in Disneyland Park.
Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party may be purchased online and on mobile devices at https://Disneyland.com/party as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400.
Latest posts by Greta Jenkins (see all)
- Target Recalls Toddler Boots Due to Choking Hazard - June 16, 2019
- Stress Free Graduation Parties and More - April 11, 2019
- What Parents Can do to Keep Graduation Parties Fun and Safe - April 11, 2019