Reaching Goals and Following Your Dreams
By Chelsea Schroeder
All around the world, teens have goals that they wish to achieve. Whether it be striving to teach others, solving the latest bank robbery or searching for a cure for cancer, these goals hold high importance to their dreamer. Many want and dream to make a difference, but don’t know how and are afraid to take the first step. The truth is, it is possible to achieve anything you set your mind to. If you can live it, you can dream it!
There are a variety of reasons why teens are tentative when making a move to jumpstart their goals. Here are some of the most common:
- They have the thought set in their minds that they are not “good enough.
- Rejection; scared to show the world their talents in fear of being rejected by others.
- They conjure up their dreams into their minds, but don’t know how/have the knowledge to start making it into reality.
Even though it may take perseverance and hard work, there are also many reasons why teens everywhere should follow their dreams:
- By reaching their goals, they can do what they love and live a happier, carefree life style.
- More life skills are taught and learned through the ability to work hard and be persistent.
- Teens can give hope and inspire others who want to follow their dreams; showing them that anything in possible!
It can seem like a challenge for teenagers to turn their imaginations into reality, but with some of these tips it may become a little easier:
Be educated! If you know what you want to do, find out how you can get there.
Have a role model. By having someone to look up to, you can strive to follow in their footsteps.
Work hard. Sometimes you will have to make sacrifices to work hard, but the outcome can produce great rewards.
Think positive. When you have positive thoughts, it can lead to positive outcomes.
Never give up! Things could get tough, and possibly days when your mind is clouded by doubt, but the more you push to succeed, the better your chances are to succeed!
If teens stay strong, dedicated, and positive, there could be little to block them from changing the world.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. Harriet Tubman
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Do you know someone who was born in 2013 heading to kindergarten? - July 13, 2018
- New Teen Driver? Best for Parents to Ride Along - July 10, 2018
- 5 Quick Ways to Organize Your Garage - July 6, 2018