Grand Champion Pumpkin Bread
Our Favorite Pumpkin Bread
Serves 10 servings
55 minCook Time
- 3 1/3 cup Unbleached flour; sifted
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Cooking oil
- 2 cup Pumpkin; mashed, canned, 1cn
- 2/3 cup Chopped dates
- 4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- Stir the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the sugar and oil together in a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on high, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition,
- and then beat in the pumpkin.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the water to the sugar mixture, beating well after each addition, using a mixer set on low speed.
- Stir in the dates
- Pour the batter into 2 greased 9 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 324 degree F. oven for 55 minutes or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes,
- Remove from the pans and continue cooling on the racks.