Green Christmas Gifts
By Rick Valence –
When it comes to Christmas shopping, many have enough trouble as it is simply finding adequate gifts at all without having to shop green too. However, finding the perfect earth friendly gifts for your friends and loved ones doesn’t have to be a hassle. Consider these top 5 green Christmas presents as you hit the mall this year. –
1. Food and Cooking Supplies: Do you have a relative who loves to cook? In this day and age, finding everything from organic snacks to eco-friendly cookware can be quite difficult. Any hardcore chefs or food lovers in your family will love items such as compost kits, seed packets, clay pots and pans, bamboo cutlery, chocolate kits, canning supplies, or solar ovens.
2. Green Fabrics and Cloth Alternatives: Finding organic or recycled cloth can also be tricky as well as expensive. However, there are plenty of ways to find recycled cotton, as a less expensivealternative. However, if cotton proves too expensive, there are plenty of alternative materials for doormats, place mats, throw rugs, sheets, clothing and more made from materials such as recycled plastic, rubber, bamboo, and more. These creative, colorful alternatives are stylish, comfortable, and eye catching alternatives to traditional cloth. Do you have any relatives who enjoy making their own fabrics? Try purchasing handmade llama yarn or recycled cotton for their next project.
3. Health Supplies: There are plenty of alternative health goodies you can consider when shopping for the top five green Christmas presents. Whether you have a relative with a sensitivity to chemicals or simply someone who is health conscious, there are plenty of gifts to consider, from paraben free hand lotion to quality vitamins, supplements, smoothie mixes, essential oils, yoga mats, and much more. Other practical gifts include organic household cleaners, soaps, bath bombs, and many others.
4. Paper Gifts: Whether you’re gifting a relative with personalized business cards, stationary, notebooks, or sketchpads, finding recycled paper products isn’t a difficult endeavor. Contrary to popular belief, not all recycled paper is pulpy or rough, though there are many products that are created that way for a more organic look. There are thousands of elegant paper goods that you wouldn’t be able to tell from original paper products. Along with paper recycled from paper, you can also pick out paper goods recycled from other materials, such as plastic, bamboo, denim, and more. Just be sure to make absolutely sure that the packaging reads 100% recycled before you purchase it. For an additional twist, try buying paper products with soy based inks as well.
5. Donations: If you’re having trouble thinking of what to get a loved one this Christmas, there is always the option of donating money in their name. While this may seem like a simple gift, you would be surprised how touching it can actually be to know that your relatives know what ecological issues you’re passionate about. Out of the top five green Christmas gifts, this may very well be the easiest to give while having the most impact. Whether you donate money toward organizations dealing with world hunger, animal rescue, endangered species, forest restoration, or cleaning up oil spills, you’ll be able to rest easy in the knowledge that you’ve thought of a gift that will affect the earth in a positive way.
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Picnic Table Ideas – Friendly Backyard Living Spaces - June 21, 2018
- Garden Activities for the Kids - June 20, 2018
- Happy Father’s Day Homemade Gifts, Poems and Quotes - June 2, 2018