The Best Grilled Chicken Recipes
Here are some of the best grilled chicken reipces – Chicken Napoli, Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs with Chutney Barbecue Sauce,Southwest Chicken Barbecue and Thai Grilled Chicken.
4 broiler-fryer chicken breasts, halved
1 cup (8 ounces) butter or margarine
2 (5/8-ounce) envelopes dry Italian dressing mix 1/3 cup lime juice
1. Melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in salad dressing mix and lime juice.
2. Brush both sides of chicken pieces with mixture.
3. Place chicken skin side down on grill about 10 inches above hot coals. Grill, turning and basting often with butter mixture for 40 minutes or until tender and richly glazed.
Makes 8 servings.
Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs with Chutney Barbecue Sauce
1 (9-ounce) jar Hot Mango Chutney
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2- inch pieces
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
16 mushrooms, stems removed
1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
8 (10-inch) skewers
Salt/ground pepper to taste
1. Place chutney and vinegar in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into small bowl.
2. Alternately thread chicken, bell peppers, mushrooms and onion onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill or broil kebabs, turning and basting with chutney barbecue sauce, for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Makes 4 servings.
Southwest Chicken Barbecue
1 cup ketchup
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, if available
1/4 cup strong black coffee
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 to 2 tablespoons pure ground hot chilies
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
3 to 4 pounds chicken, cut into serving pieces
1. To prepare the sauce: in a 2-quart saucepan combine all the ingredients and all the sauce to simmer, uncovered over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside until you are ready to barbecue.
2. To barbecue the chicken: when the fire is ready, position the rack 5 inches above the heat source.
3. Place the chicken pieces on the hot rack, skin side down. When seared, turn and grill the pieces bone side down, until light golden.
4. Remove the chicken from the grill and cover the grill with a layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Puncture the foil to make plenty of ventilation holes.
5. Place the chicken on the foil, skin side down, and generously spoon on the barbecue sauce. Grill until the sauce is set. Then turn the pieces over, sauce the skin side and grill bone side down.
6. Continue saucing and turning until all the pieces are done about 20 minutes. Test doneness by inserting the tip of a sharp knife into the largest piece of chicken breast. If the juices run clear, it’s done
Makes 1 1/2 cups sauce, serving 3 to 4 people.
Thai Grilled Chicken – Gai Yang
3 to 4 whole chicken breasts
2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns, ground in a spice grinder
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander roots (cilantro), finely minced*
1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
1 cup well-stirred canned unsweetened coconut milk
Hot cooked rice (Preferably Jasmine rice)
1. With a cleaver or poultry shears halve chicken breasts and cut each half crosswise into 4 pieces.
2. With a mortar and pestle, or flat side with the sharp edge of the cleaver, blend peppercorns and garlic with a pinch salt to a smooth paste. Add coriander roots and pound or blend to a paste.
3. In a large non-metallic bowl stir together coriander paste, fish sauce, and coconut milk. Add chicken and turn to coat well with marinade. Marinate chicken, covered, at room temperature for 1 hour, or for several hours in refrigerator.
4. Prepare grill (or preheat broiler).
5. Grill chicken, skin sides down, on a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Brush top of chicken lightly with marinade, discarding any remaining marinade, and turn chicken. Grill chicken until just cooked through and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes more. (Alternatively, chicken may be broiled in same manner on lightly oiled rack of a large broiler pan about 4 to 6 inches from heat.)
6. Serve chicken with dipping sauce and cooked rice. Serves 6.
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Best Snacks for Your Memorial Day Road Trip - May 22, 2018
- $28,000 Annual Healthcare Costsfor American Families - May 22, 2018
- What Parents Can do to Keep Graduation Parties Fun and Safe - May 22, 2018