Grilling Vegetables even helps hamburgers and hot dogs seem more nutritious. it’s easy to do, either use foil on grill or you can buy a pan for use on the grill ( grill pans are available as throw away’s).
Suggested Ingredients – almost any vegetable can be grilled:
1 med zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
1 med summer squash, cut into bite-size pieces
1 med red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
1 med yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
1 red onion, chopped
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat grill. Place the zucchini, squash, bell peppers, asparagus, and onion on grill pan, and toss with the oil, salt, and black pepper. Spread in a single layer.
2. Grill until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender usually about for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, .
Makes 4 servings
Per Serving: 170 cal, 5 g pro, 15 g carb, 11 g fat, 2 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol, 5 g fiber, 586 mg sodium
Latest posts by Helene Rodriques (see all)
- New Year’s Party Healthy Recipes - December 6, 2018
- Best Thanksgiving Recipes for Special Diets – Vegan, Gluten-free, Vegetarian and Lactose-Free - October 27, 2018
- Celebrating a “Green” Thanksgiving - October 26, 2018