5 Easy and Deliciously Scary Halloween Recipes
Halloween is a fun day for families everywhere! Parents and children get to dress up, have fun and treat themselves to delicious Halloween snacks.
Whether you are hosting a Halloween party of your own, attending one at a friend`s house or work, or helping out with your child`s Halloween party at school, it`s always a perfect opportunity to make some spooky, tasty Halloween treats! This article will show you five easy and deliciously scary Halloween recipes to make, no matter what your Halloween plans are!
1. Creepy Spider Bites: These delicious and spooky treats are a cinch to make and will have all the kids asking for more! For this recipe you will need:
- Miniature cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- M&M’s minis
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Frosting tip,round tip #7
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Shoestring black licorice
Start by frosting the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting. Be generous with the amount of frosting you use. Cover the frosting in chocolate sprinkles, and add a red mini M&M for a nose. Fill a frosting bag with the vanilla frosting and using the frosting tip, make two circles as the base of the eyes. Use brown mini M&Ms for the pupils. Last but not least, cut your shoestring black licorice into eight pieces of the same length (approx. 2 inches) and stick 4 pieces into either side of the cupcake for the legs. Repeat until all cupcakes are done now you have deliciously creepy spiders to serve on Halloween!
2. Dirt Cake: If there is one Halloween treat that will get everyone’s attention, it’s the dirt cake! Your kids will love getting messy and digging in their cake for those wriggly earth worms! For this recipe you will need:
- 1.5 package of Oreo Cookies
- 1 (8 oz.) package of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 C. Butter, softened
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 3 C. Milk
- 1 (12 oz.) tub of Whip Cream
- 2 (3 ½ oz.) packages of Instant Pudding, chocolate or vanilla
- 1/2 t. Vanilla
Crush all the Oreo Cookies and set aside. Mix together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and set it aside. Mix together the pudding and the milk, and then fold together the cream cheese mixture and the pudding. Add the whip cream to the mixture. Layer the crushed cookies, and the pudding mixture starting with the cookies. Make 3 layers of cookies and 2 layers of the pudding mixture. When you are finished place gummy worms randomly into the cake to make it seem as if they are coming out of the “dirt”. This desert will be the hit of any Halloween party!
3. Frozen Banana Ghosts: These particular treats are not only super easy to make, and look great, but they are healthy too! Your kids will never have enjoyed eating their fruit as much as they will when they eat these! All you need is:
- White chocolate chips
- Cool Whip (1 tub)
- Milk chocolate chips (mini’s would be great)
- Popsicle sticks
Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave or in a bowl over top of a pot of boiling water. Once melted, whip in the Cool Whip. Cut the bananas in half and peel them. Gently place popsicle stick in banana and dip in mixture. Remember to be careful! If you move too quickly, the banana will break! Place the dipped bananas on wax paper on a tray. Add chocolate chips for eyes. Put the dipped bananas in the freezer to freeze and then they are ready to enjoy!
4. Bell Pepper Octopus: Halloween is known for its indulgence of candy and other sweet treats. If you want to ensure that there are some healthier options available for your kids or others who may not be able to eat sweets, try this recipe. It is easy, quick and fun to look at. All you need is:
- 2 bell peppers
- Vegetable dip or hummus
- Sliced black olives
To start, remove the pepper’s stem end and scoop out the white ribs and seeds for the octopus’s body. For the arms, slice a second pepper into strips. Put some veggie dip or hummus in a bowl that is not too deep and arrange the octopus as you see it in the picture. Use a bit of dip and sliced black olives to give your octopus some eyes. Serve with extra veggies like carrot sticks, fresh green beans, broccoli, and cucumber.
5. Blueberry Eyeball Punch: Your Halloween party will also need some refreshments, so why not make these just as fun and spooky as the snacks? For this special eyeball punch you will need:
- 12 to 24 fresh blueberries
- 12 canned lychees in syrup, drained, plus 5 to 6 tablespoons syrup from the can
- 3 cups blueberry juice cocktail
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 cups sparkling water
After your lychees are drained, stick 1 to 2 blueberries, depending on their size, into the hole of each lychee. Rest your lychees on a foil-lined baking sheet and freeze them for about an hour. Stir together 5 tablespoons of the lychee syrup, the blueberry juice and lime juice in a bowl or pitcher until combined. Stir in the sparkling water and add the lychee eyeballs after they have frozen. You can add as much of the leftover lychee syrup you want until it reaches your desired sweetness. Serve the drink in tall glasses with ice. Carefully spoon in the eyeballs as you pour the drink. If this is a more grown-up party, add a splash of gin for a nice cocktail twist!
More Scary Halloween Recipes:
Latest posts by Families Online Magazine (see all)
- Happy Father’s Day Homemade Gifts, Poems and Quotes - May 13, 2018
- Auntie’s Chorizo and Sweet Potato Enchiladas - May 3, 2018
- Happy Mother’s Day Poems and Crafts - April 25, 2018