Here are the 5 simple tips that will help you prevent and fight the common cold:
1) Sleep! Most research has shown that the optimal level of sound sleep a person should get a night is 8 hours. Without it your body can not fight off outside invaders such as bacteria and virus'
2) Water intake. If you are not drinking 8-10 twelve ounce glasses of purified water a day your body will have a hard time executing the crucial steps needed for a healthy immune system.
3) Avoid sugar and white flour intake. In the October 1993 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine there is a study that shows 'the ingestion of 100 grams of sugar will stop the production of white blood cells for six hours.' White blood cells are what fight bacteria and virus' in the human body. Without normal white blood cell production the immune system will not function.
4) Wash your hands through out the day. Use hot water and regular soap, not anti-biotic soap which weakens the immune system.
5) The daily supplementation of certain vitamins, minerals, and herbs will support the immune system to ward of infection. Some of the most effective supplements are; Vitamins A, C, and E, zinc, selenium, bio-flavonoids, and phenolic compounds. Click on the link, "Ultimate Immune Booster" at the bottom of this original article for more information.
So don't wait for your immune system to fail! Put these 5 tips into action today!
Source: Thomas Von Ohlen MS, NC, is a clinical nutritionist and co-author of the book, “101 Great Ways to Improve Your Health. He is also the developer of Plasma Pro software, a blood test analysis program for doctors.