Ten Key Steps For Healthy Weight Loss Success!
Noted cardiologist Dr. Michael Ozner suggests taking an aggressive prevention approach, providing significant results in healthy weight control. These recommendations are based upon the obvious differences between the western way of life and the lifestyles of the people in the Mediterranean regions. For example, a middle-aged Greek man has a 90- percent less chance of dying from heart attack than a middle-aged American man. People in the Mediterranean have been following these dietary principles for centuries.
Here are the 10 essential components, according to Dr. Ozner, for healthy weight-loss and maintaining weight-control . . .
1. Increase Olive Oil Intake
2. Red Wine Intake (To be consumed only in moderation . . . one or two glasses daily) It contains the most powerful antioxidants and helps to increase the levels of beneficial HDL cholesterol and decreases abnormal blood clotting.
3. Moderation of Food Intake: Do not be overly concerned about eating specific foods, but be more aware about the amount of food per serving. Cutting down on portion sizes is critical.
4. For snacks, eat Nuts and Almonds: Nuts and almonds are the preferred snack because they fill you up with fiber, they are a great protein source, they are loaded with vitamins, especially vitamin E. If you have five or six almonds with a glass of water, it fills you up and satisfies your hunger.
5. Increase Whole Grains Intake: Whole grains are a must for long-term health and should be included in every diet. It's very important that people of all ages eat whole grains, bread, cereal and pasta. A wide variety of fiber leads to satisfying hunger and helps to slow down the absorption of food so that we don't get surges of blood sugar resulting in increase of insulin production.
6. Increase Cold Water Fish Intake: Salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines, trout and these types of fish are loaded in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids help to decrease disorders of heart rhythms, also work to decrease triglycerides, including good cholesterol. They also have significant anti- inflammatory properties and they should be an integral part of our diets.
7-8. Increase Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: Emphasizes variety of delicious and nutritious fruits and vegetables every day. They provide bountiful amounts of phytonutrients and antioxidants, valuable for long-term weight control; Important benefits: decrease in heart disease, Diabetes, Cancer, and other diseases.
9. Increase low-fat dairy products: Yogurt, which is a good source of calcium and it's supply of Lactobacillus Acidophilus is beneficial for digestive functioning. Increase cheese, especially goat cheese.
10. Increase Physical Activity.
Weight Loss Help
Low Carb Diet Recipes - Cookbooks Atkins Diet and More