Gift Ideas for a New Homeowner
By Rosemarie Pirio
Owning a home can be stressful at the best of times, and it can take a lot of adjustment for new homeowners. Between balancing a much larger monthly budget and tackling a whole lot of exciting responsibilities, new owners need all the help they can get.
Here are some great ideas for house warming parties:
Cast-iron skillets, wine racks and knife sets will be handy accessories for any new homeowner.
You can probably skip the classy plastic flamingoes, but lawn and garden decorations make terrific gifts for new homeowners. Since many first-time buyers are moving from apartments or rental houses, they may not have anything to brighten their lawns or front porches.
· Wind chimes,
· Glass or copper figurines,
· Ladder To get in the attic, clean gutters or repair ceiling light fixtures, but homeowners will be doing a lot of climbing. A ladder is a must for any garage.
· Drill Set A good drill and bit set can make even the most amateur carpenter feel confident in repairs.
· Socket Wrench Set Socket wrenches and ratchets are great for anything from car repair, furniture construction and plumbing repairs. They’ll be a welcome gift.
· Hammer and Level Any dummy can hang shelves and pictures, but a little help goes a long way. A level will make sure your pictures are hanging straight whenever you visit the new house.
· Plumbing Kit You can confidently assume that most owners have a plunger, but many may not have a set of pliers, channel locks or an adjustable wrench three items that will see a lot of use in a new home.
· Lawn Care – Hose, weed wacker, gardening tools
From the time she was a child, Sonya spun stories to entertain herself and her siblings. Once she graduated from high school, she put her writing aside and attended college where she studied Secondary Education, majoring in English. She's represented by literary agent Nicole Resciniti.
Sonya's website can be found at https://sonyaweiss.com/
Home Decorating Resources:
Hiring an Interior Designer
Latest posts by Sonya Weiss (see all)
- 5 Ideas for Throwing the Perfect Fall Birthday Bash For Your Kids - September 1, 2018
- Decorating for Summertime - June 30, 2018
- Holiday Table or Mantle Decoration Easy as 1- 2 – 3 - November 26, 2017