Hot Chocolate Recipes to Warm Up Your Winter
When it’s cool or cold outside nothing warms you up faster than a cup of hot chocolate. These hot chocolate recipes include directions for large groups, perfect for football, ice skating parties or other outdoor fall or winter events. Plus there are white chocolate, Mexican and master mix, recipes for just a few cups.
Large quantity: Hot Chocolate Recipes:
GOURMET HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
11 Cups powdered dry milk
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
2 1/2 cups confectionary sugar
1 pound container of instant chocolate drink mix
Simply mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container! For a great cup of gourmet hot chocolate, measure out 3 heaping tablespoons of mix into your favorite mug, and add 6-8oz. boiling water! This recipe makes about 250 servings, and can be cut in half, or doubled to suit your needs.Truly better than store bought!!
GOURMET MUG O’ CHOCOLATE MIX
11 cups powdered dry milk
1 cup confectionary sugar
11 ounces powdered non-dairy creamer
2 pounds instant chocolate drink mix
4 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 small box of instant chocolate pudding mix
Mix and store in a n airtight container. Use 3heaping tablespoons per 6-8 ounces of boiling water.BEWARE: For chocoholics only!!
MALTED HOT CHOCOLATE
3 1/2 ounces of malted milk powder
5 1/2 ounces of powdered non-dairy creamer
1 pound of powdered dry milk
1 pound of confectionary sugar
14 ounces of instant chocolate drink
Mix 8 ounces of mini marshmallows, stir and store! Use 3 heaping tablespoons of mix to one mug of boiling water.
Recipes for just a few cups:
SUPER RICH HOT CHOCOLATE MASTER MIX
3 cups nonfat dry powdered dry milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Put ingredients in a blender, or food processor. (I recommend doing half a batch at one time!) Whir it around only until it is “finely ground”. If you whir too long it will clump up in the blender. Store in an airtight container. Use heaping tablespoons per mug of boiling water.
- Cocoa-Mocha – Add 1/2 cup instant coffee to the mix.
- Orange-Cinnamon Sip – Add 1 tsp. of grated orange peel and 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Scotchy’s Cup – Decrease chocolate chips by 1 cup, and add 1 cup butterscotch chips instead!
- Peanut Butter Cup – Decrease chocolate chips as above, and add 1 cup peanut butter chips.
- Minty Hot Chocolate – Decrease chocolate chips above, and add 1 cup mint- chocolate chips.
- Rasberry-Coco-Loco – Decrease chocolate chips as above, and add 1 cup of Raspberry-chocolate chips.
- Milk Chocolate Chocolate – Decrease chocolate chips as above, and add 1 cup of Milk Chocolate chips!
- Malted Milk Chocolate – Prepare as for Milk Chocolate Chocolate, except substitute 1/2 cup of malted milk powder for 1/2 cup of powdered milk.
HOT COCOA MIX
3 cups powdered dry milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup sugar1 dash of salt
Again, it’s as easy as stir and store! Use 3 heaping tablespoons per mug of hot water!
HOT WHITE CHOCOLATE
3 cups powdered dry milk
2 tsp. vanilla powder (This is a product used in place of vanilla extract. It is available in most gourmet food store, or bakers’ supply shops).
2 tsp. grated orange zest
2 cups of white chocolate chips
Whir all ingredients in blender only until finely ground!
Again, do it in two batches, and don’t over grind or it will clump up in the blender. Use 3 heaping tablespoons per mug of hot water. This is particularly satisfying with a cinnamon stick as a stirrer.
MEXICAN COCOA OLE’
1/3 cup light brown sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder (See recipe for Hot white chocolate!)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 1/2 cups powdered dry milk
Mix it up and store. When you’re ready for a little south of the border, boil 3 cups of water, add the mix, stir it up, and FIESTA! Garnish with cinnamon sticks and a dollop of whipped cream!
A few more delicious recipe ideas for Hot Chocolate Season.
- Add marshmallows as you’re heating the chocolate milk and let them totally dissolve for a thick, gooey treat. Float a few more on top.
- Still, have Halloween candy hanging around? Drop a mini bar (one without nuts) and let it melt into deliciousness.
- Cinnamon sticks are always handy this time of year. Infuse your hot chocolate with a stick or two.
- Kids like hazelnut almost as much as peanut butter. Stir in a spoonful of the chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Try the un-chocolate hot milk. Just warm some milk and flavor with honey and cinnamon.
- Puree a half banana for each cup and stir into the hot chocolate. Garnish with a bit of whipped cream and banana chip.
- Stir in a peppermint stick for a classic, holiday flavor. Then rim the mug with crushed peppermints.
- While adults are drinking hot toddies, make hot toffees for the kids, stir some butterscotch chips into hot milk.
https://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/hotchoc/https://imgsub.familiesonlinemagazine.com/uploads/2014/07/hot-cocoa.jpghttps://imgsub.familiesonlinemagazine.com/uploads/2014/07/hot-cocoa-150x150.jpgFood and RecipesWhen it's cool or cold outside nothing warms you up faster than a cup of hot chocolate. These hot chocolate recipes include directions for large groups, perfect for football, ice skating parties or other outdoor fall or winter events. Plus there are white chocolate, Mexican and master mix, recipes...Helene RodriquesHelene Rodriques[email protected]ContributorHelene Rodriques is a chef who cares about health she is a graduate of Keiser University Center for Culinary Arts, specializing in healthy foods. She is a teacher, lecturer & consultant on Wholefoods cooking Her kitchen provides traditional family cooking, tips to learn how to cook as well as new twists on recipes to make them healthier.Families Online Magazine
Helene Rodriques is a chef who cares about health she is agraduate of Keiser University Center for Culinary Arts, specializing in healthy foods. She is a teacher, lecturer & consultant on Wholefoods cooking Her kitchen provides traditional family cooking, tips to learn how to cook as well as new twists on recipes to make them healthier.
Latest posts by Helene Rodriques (see all)
- Best Thanksgiving Recipes for Special Diets – Vegan, Gluten-free, Vegetarian and Lactose-Free - October 27, 2018
- Celebrating a “Green” Thanksgiving - October 26, 2018
- Great Dessert Recipes for Thanksgiving - October 25, 2018