Tips for Keeping A Warm, Sincere and Romantic Relationship
Tips for Keeping A Warm, Sincere and Romantic Relationship.
1. Build an identity with your partner that is your own (i.e., separate from the family you grew up in, siblings, etc.).
2. Open yourself to sharing intimacies with your partner, and build a togetherness from them, while still setting boundaries to protect each person’s desired autonomy.
3. If you have children, embrace the roles of parenting together while still protecting the privacy of you and your partner as a couple.
4. Establish a rich sexual relationship, and protect it from work and family obligations.
5. View your relationship as a safe haven in which both partners can express their differences, anger, opinions, etc.
6. Confront inevitable life crises, and overcome them, together.
7. Laugh often and keep your sense of humor to stave off boredom and feelings of isolation.
8. Nurture and comfort your partner, allowing him or her to depend on you, while offering encouragement and support.
9. Embrace the changes that occur in your relationship over time, but don’t forget the early, romantic feelings of falling in love.
Source: American Psychological Association
www.dr-joseph.com Online Counseling – to solve couples, family, relationship, depression, adjustment, stress and sexuality difficulties. I provide online and traditional individual and marriage counseling and also business consulting.
Melodie Tucker is a Mars Venus Success Coach and Seminar Leader, trained by Dr. John Gray, author of the world famous "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" series.She has helped men and women all over the world create great relationships that last.
Latest posts by Melodie Tucker (see all)
- Scoring Points in the Game of Love - September 4, 2017
- Divorcing The Kids - August 23, 2017
- CPR To the Rescue: Part of the Men Moving On — After Divorce Series - August 23, 2017