Planning A Vacation For Your Kids
Family vacation planning tips and ideas for a safe and happy trip :
1. If you are travelling with a small child below the age of two, some airlines do not recommended infants flying within the first seven days after birth unless approved by a medical officer.
2. Airlines do specify the types of approved car seats onboard for your child. The seat must be safely secured onto the aircraft passenger seat by the aircraft safety belt and must conform to all applicable safety standards certified for use in the aircraft.
3. A limited number of bassinets are available onboard on a first-come, first-served basis. Different airlines have different bassinets sizes supporting different maximum weight.
4. Children’s meals are often provided. Requests for these meals should be made at the time of booking. Airlines may also provide other items such as disposable bibs, diapers, feeding bottles and baby wipes. Sometimes, baby food will be provided for an infant under two years.
1. When you are planning a vacation, ask yourself what is the objective of this vacation ? Is the vacation meant for relaxation, for learning, for unique experiences or for fun ?
2. With the objective in mind, plan activities according to the interests of your kids.
3. Do not pack the day with many activities, which will exhaust the kids.
4. Expose your kids to new adventures, to learn new stuff or to acquire a new skill during the vacation; dive with the sharks, be a zoo-keeper for a day, learn to snorkel, just to name a few.
5. As children tend to have shorter attention span, do not plan activities which are exceptionally long.
6. Ensure that the places which you are visiting are kids-friendly, as some attractions and activities may have age or height limitations.
7. Always find out what are the policies concerning children such as extra charges, half price or applicable child discounts.
8. If you are visiting attractions such as museums, consider if your child is able to understand the materials presented.
9. Always be flexible during your journey as children are likely to have different demands at different places. Provide them with sufficient time to enjoy the place, immerse in the culture or simply have fun.
10. Always visit the homepage of the attraction or activity-provider to find out if there are any family passes or family discounts.
1. Look for accommodation which is child-friendly. Usually, these accommodations will be able to provide
2. If you are travelling on a budget, do consider family-friendly hostels. They provide great service as well. You will love their family rooms, fully-equipped kitchens and laundry service. Otherwise, find hotels where kids stay free or hotels with free nights.
3. Do consider spending a night at the zoo. There are many zoos which offer zoo snooze programs. Their interesting activities may include night and morning tours of the zoo, live animal demonstrations, animal related activities and/or craft. Usually, snacks and breakfast will be provided.
4. Hotels with kid’s club are excellent too as they can keep your kids occupied with fun activities while you can have a break.
1. Encourage your children to write a journal for the trip or make a scrapbook to record their wonderful memories.
2. Don’t forget to find out where are some of the child-friendly restaurants and have a happy meal with your kids.