15 Tips to Encourage Kindergarten Learning
Tips to Encourage Kindergarten Learning
- You are your child’s first teacher and most important role model!
- Let your child see you read and learn.
- Build your child’s vocabulary by explaining and discussing everyday activities.
- Turn travel, meal, bath and bed time into learning time.
- Read, read, read and read some more! Make it part of your daily routine.
- When reading with your child, sit side by side or have your child sit on your lap, in a comfortable, quiet area.
- Use your finger to explore the book’s pages (left to right, top to bottom).
- Visit the zoo, library and museum. Ask questions and make learning fun!
- Always have paper, pencils, crayons, glue and scissors readily available.
- Encourage good hygiene at home and at school, including proper bathroom habits, washing hands, blowing nose and covering mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Lay out clothes, make lunch, organize school folder and assemble backpack the evening before school.
- Discuss positive solutions for problems that might occur, such as bullying, teasing, bathroom accidents, etc.
- Make sure your child gets the required 10-12 hours of sleep and a nutritious breakfast.
- Before entering school, update immunization records and schedule hearing, vision, dental and physical exams.
- Nurture, motivate and instill self-esteem in your child. Listen to your child.
Taking an active role in your child’s life will help him/her succeed!
source: Cedar Valley Publishing, Stacey Kannenberg; Author & Publisher of the award-winning, school approved Let’s Get Ready Series with Let’s Get Ready For Kindergarten! & Let’s Get Ready For First Grade!
Latest posts by Joan McCray (see all)
- Spring Break At the Beach - March 18, 2018
- Healthy Toddler Treat: Carrots and Cashews – Meals for Toddlers - January 3, 2018
- Winter Family Travel: Skiing, Ice Skating and Ice Fishing – Mammoth Lake, Cross Lake and New Hampshire. - January 2, 2018