Linguine Salad with Peanut Sauce
Good Books; 1-56148-526-8
Copyright © 2018 Phyllis Pellman Good
Salad with Peanut Sauce
Gretchen H. Maust Keezletown, VA
Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
8-oz. box dry linguine
½-1 cup chopped scallions
1 diced cucumber
¼ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup cider or
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup warm water
1/3 cup sesame oil
2 cloves minced garlic
½ tsp. 5-spice powder
hot sauce to taste
dark green lettuce leaves
toasted sesame seeds and tomato wedges for garnish
1. Cook linguine as directed on box, but undercook slightly. Drain. Rinse with cool water.
2. In a large bowl, combine linguini, scallions, and cucumber.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, soy
sauce, water, oil, garlic, 5-spice powder, and hot sauce.
4. Arrange lettuce on platter. Spoon linguine mixture into the middle.
Drizzle dressing over top. Garnish with sesame seeds and tomato wedges.
1. For a heartier dish, add cubed cooked chicken or turkey.
2. Serve hot, replacing the cucumbers with cooked zucchini.
I like to triple the peanut sauce and keep it in the refrigerator to
use as a salad dressing or dipping sauce for grilled chicken.
About the Author
Phyllis Pellman Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books
have sold more than 8.5 million copies.
Good has authored the national bestselling cookbookFix-It and
Forget-It Cookbook: Feasting with Your Slow Cooker (with Dawn J.
Ranck), which appeared on The New York Times bestseller list, as well
as the bestseller lists of USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Book
Sense. And she is the author of Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy,
Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker , which has also appeared on The
New York Times bestseller list. In addition, Good authored Fix-It and
Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining: Slow Cooker Favorites for All the
Year Round (with Ranck) and Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
(with the American Diabetes Association), also in the series.
Good’s other cookbooks include Favorite Recipes with Herbs, The Best of
Amish Cooking, and The Central Market Cookbook.
Phyllis Pellman Good is Senior Editor at Good Books. (Good Books has
published hundreds of other titles by more than 125 different authors.)
She received her B.A. and M.A. in English from New York University. She
and her husband, Merle, live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. They are the
parents of two young-adult daughters.
For a complete listing of books by Phyllis Pellman Good, as well as
excerpts and reviews, visit www.GoodBks.com.
from Fix-it and Enjoy-it! Cookbook. Copyright by Good Books (
www.goodbks.com ). Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Kellie Strausser (see all)
- Chicken, Potato and Broccoli Casserole Free Recipes from Chef Kellie - February 9, 2019
- Extra Gourmet Popcorn Recipes from Chef Kellie - October 20, 2018
- Macaroni and Cheese with Vegetables Healthy Baked - October 20, 2018