Easy Homemade Macaroni and Chesse Recipe
Mac’n cheese is a family favorite. It is more nutritious when homemade because has less salt, and contains real cheese.
– 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
– 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
– 3 tablespoons flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups milk
– Pepper to taste
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– Cook macaroni in boiling salted water. Drain.
– In a saucepan, melt butter. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
– Mix sauce with cooked macaroni.
– Pour into casserole dish. Cover top with shredded cheese.
– Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe Courtesy Patricia Gianulis
* Editor’s Note – make you Mac n’ Cheese even more nutritious by adding vegetables such as broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, zucchini or other favorite vegetable. Reduce Fat by using 2% milk shaded cheese.
Latest posts by Kellie Strausser (see all)
- Triple Berry Bread Pudding with Warm White Chocolate Sauce - August 13, 2017
- Blackened Salmon and Goat Cheese Salad - July 14, 2017
- Chessy Potato Recipe – Easy and Good! - September 4, 2016